Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). HM Queen Elizabeth II - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

HM Queen Elizabeth II

What's Hot
RolandRoland Frets: 8108
edited September 2022 in Tributes
Official thread
Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    RIP. Huge respect for her for the manner in which she conducted herself in a - pretty often - tough position, for so long. 

Absolute end of an era. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    Oh my.....the world has turned sour
    tae be or not tae be
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rest in Peace Ma'am.

Long Live The King.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AornicAornic Frets: 415
    edited September 2022
    Surreal feeling today and the end of an era. RIP.

So much music I love happened when she was already Queen, and her reign is a year older than my father. I think about how we watch documentaries of the Beatles in their early years and then look at Macca performing the other day at age 80 and think she was the Queen for the entirety of that time. That's a massive amount of time and change, and I don't know if it will be repeated in terms of reign.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Certainly the end of an era in which she will have seen so many changes in so many different ways - Both good and bad I dare say - RIP Ma'am
  • She put a long dignified shift in that's for sure. RIP 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    edited September 2022
    Oh, that's terrible news. It's surreal even seeing this news. I'm not a royalist but she has always has a place in my heart, ever since I saw her as a kid and later in 1992 when she awarded my dad his QGM.
    Definitely the end of an era. 
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • RIP

God save the King. 
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1324
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the Monarchy as an institution but in my view she was a remarkable woman, who put in a massive shift. Thank you and rest in peace. While the nation has lost a head of state, people have lost their friend, mum, gran, and great gran
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
      Lets hope for the publics sake this marks a place in history and onto better fairer things. RIP to all of the elderly that have died today, in palaces, backs of ambulances, at home waiting for ambulances, and those on their own with no one around. Thoughts are with all of them and their families.
    Dont worry, be silly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 15reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RIP Maam
    “Ken sent me.”
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    I mourn the passing of the woman, a mother, grandmother and great grandmother. For many, she was the symbol of stability and continuity (she was monarch long before my parents even met!!!).
    I also heard today that one of the renal patients the crews at my station have been taking to dialysis for over a year died today. His death saddens me as much as the Queen's. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    Aornic said:
    Surreal feeling today and the end of an era. RIP.

Yep - surreal and  empty. It feels like a mini-bereavement for me, although I'm not a monarchist (or anti) - I guess it's because it's all that most of us have ever known.  RIP
    Call me Dave.
  • Im surprisingly saddened by the news today.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Extremely sad day. She’s always been a constant throughout my life and been there long before I was even born, 1980
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    I’m no royalist but she was our last great public servant. The rest of them are truly shocking misfits.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5092
    *Doffs cap and bows*
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Rest in Peace Your Majesty.

God Save The King!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • I’m surprised quite how upset I am. 
  • The one constant our country has had for most of, if not all, of our lives.

Rest in peace Your Majesty.

Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I'm really surprised how sad I feel about this. I have that lump in my throat feeling, almost a tear in the eye. 

God bless her, what a magnificent woman.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    I'm feeling slightly shell-shocked.  It was a day we knew was coming, but it seemed like it never would.  Although perhaps since the death of the Duke of Edinburgh this day has seemed much nearer.

When the news was breaking this morning about the children and grandchildren rushing up to Balmoral, it felt ominous.  It reminded me of the day my dad died.

I know there's quite a lot of anti-Royal feeling in this country, and perhaps it's a majority on this forum, in particular.  But this does feel like a momentous occasion, the Queen has been a constant throughout all our lives (or nearly all, I guess there are a few over-70s here).

RIP Your Majesty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 10838
    The end of several eras, and we will not seeher like again. A lifetime of incredible and ceaseless service.

RIP, Ma'am. I wish your family long life. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    edited September 2022
    I too, as a non-royalist, am oddly upset.  She was a remarkable woman and a constant in my life.  I'd like to see the end of the monarchy post-Wingnut but I probably won't live to see that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143

Thank you ma’am.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • A dutiful monarch, to be followed briefly by a fat and jolly red-faced man, then, William. 

Interesting times.
    Be seeing you.
  • gordijigordiji Frets: 714
    'God' bless you M'am. RIP
  • She put in quite a shift. It feels very much that she will be the last monarch of significance and it certainly feels like the end of an era. 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    edited September 2022
    My 20 year old (somewhat republican) son just messaged me, expressing his unexpected sense of loss. 

I replied saying the Queen was not entitled, not a self-publicist, nor a narcissist; she represented the timeless values of public service, decency and a belief in the importance of others.

Let us vehemently hope that many are reminded of (or alerted to) this by her very sad passing. 

Rest in peace, Your Majesty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 11reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Lovely anecdote about the Queen, worth 1.30 of anyones time:

4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter