Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS - Dr Z Remedy head & flight-case - Amps £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS - Dr Z Remedy head & flight-case

What's Hot
sid51greensid51green Frets: 16
edited September 2023 in Amps £

For sale is my Dr Z Remedy head, this has had very little use in the last 5 years since I left my last band. I can’t see at this point I will be heading out gigging in the future so for this reason it’s up for sale. When I bought it around 2011 it was sold (without any provenience) as a head used by The Gaslight Anthem on their European tour with Springsteen which I think was around 2009 ish from research.

It comes with a fitted flight case with Gaslight sprayed on it, but I have no way of confirming 100% if they did use it! I know from research they had four of these amps on this particular tour and it has an old air freight label on the flight case still. For me that was not something that swayed me to this amp, the fitted flight-case was the decider! 

This is the original non master version, it can be converted if needed by Essex Amp Repairs who are the UK’s sole authorised service provider for Dr Z. Currently their website shows this at £216.00 fitted. It is all original apart from the power light jewel which I changed from the standard red to a blue/purple version. I can’t seem to locate the original but their a relatively cheap item if you wanted to return it to stock.

It sounds amazing as you would expect from a Dr Z, the half power option is a great and sounds just as good as full power, it does break up a little earlier but still l tonally sounds fantastic.

It’s in great condition as you can see from the images, thanks to the case protecting it on every journey. There is a light patina on the chrome handle parts but really nothing major condition wise.

I am looking for £1,200 for the head & flight-case, there does not seem to be many of these for sale currently so I may regret this in a few years time! But it’s been in its case way to long, hopefully it can find a new home and get used again. Not looking for any trades thanks.

I am based just outside of Lincoln near the A46, I would prefer collection on this.

Thanks for looking 

Kayla

https://imgur.com/a/GW8oEN2

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• llewllew Frets: 78
    Not sure if this my old one but I had one with  gaslight sprayed on the flight case too. Awesome amp sounded fantastic with a z 1x12 with a creamback in. Someone is in for a treat.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fwiw they did indeed use these on that UK tour, and I remember seeing the amp being sold originally afterwards with some semblance of provenance - not that a hazy memory adds a lot of confidence to any prospective buyer! :mrgreen: 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think I might have owned this same amp as well with the Gaslight case! Super amp…had tried it with a creamback and also a celestion gold. Sounded nice with both, but preferred the creamback. All the best…
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Friday Bump! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Trade a Marshall jmp1 and 8008 plus cash of any interest ? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sid51greensid51green Frets: 16
    edited September 2022
    Trade a Marshall jmp1 and 8008 plus cash of any interest ? 
    Thanks for the offer, but I am just really not playing that much currently to trade for another amp and just using a Yamaha THR when I do play.
  • Trade a Marshall jmp1 and 8008 plus cash of any interest ? 
    Thanks for the offer, but I am just really not playing that much currently to trade for another amp and just using a Yamaha THR when I do play.
    no probs !
  • Bump 
  • Bump!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    I've the DR Z Carmen Ghia, it must be the most articulate 2 dial amp ever!
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • Back up for sale bump.