Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Keyboard for behringer wasp - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Keyboard for behringer wasp

I've only just noticed that behringer have pumped out a few synth clones including a EDP wasp clone. Anyway I'm pretty clueless when it comes to anything eurorack or tabletop. All I'm looking for is a decent compatible 25key keyboard that i could use with it. Something simple but solid and relatively budget.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    Do you want full size keys or minikeys?

Pretty much all the the small controllers are similar.
    I would strongly suggest getting something with a step sequencer though.
    These synths get used in this fashion where you get a sequence going and then play the tone colour by twisting the knobs.
    If you just get a regular keyboard you are not going to be able to do that.

The West Coast synth aesthetic eschews piano style keyboards entirely.
    I have a number of modular systems and almost never use any sort of keyboard with them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • As a default I’d recommend the Arturia Keystep series. They have great compatibility, can connect to lots of things and have good features.

beyond the number of keys, you’ll want to check the inputs the Behringer take (CV, Midi or Midi over USB) and make whatever you get can connect. It’s worth thinking about whether and you want a sequencer, chord generator, scales or arpeggiator.  
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Sounds like you need a Caterpillar  ;)
  • I'm old enough remember the EDP Caterpillar and Gnat from when they first appeared.

octatonic said:
    These synths get used in [step sequencer] fashion where you get a sequence going and then play the tone colour by twisting the knobs.
    This.

The step sequencer in your computer DAW would suffice.
    Be seeing you.
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 201
    I have a Behringer Wasp - they’re great!