Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Drummie Zeb - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Drummie Zeb

Lead singer of Aswad, just 62. Long career (Drummie must have been quite young when they were signed with Island) starting with quite a roots approach to reggae then very much at the forefront of British pop reggae in the 1980s. I saw Drummie with Aswad in the late 80s which was a euphoric gig and then a few years ago which was rather more laid back but Drummie was still on good form. 
RIP. 
I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    RIP, remembered muchly for their more poppy output but they were the real deal. Too young.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    The gigs were where it was at. I heard them live several times in my youth and loved them. RIP Drummie.
  • Saw them live in Glasgow in 1990, they were a fantastic live band. That's far too young
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Sad news.
    Aswad were an excellent home grown british, authentic reggae band.
    RIP.