Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Jaden Rose Guitars - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Jaden Rose Guitars

What's Hot
ElwoodElwood Frets: 427
Hey folks, hope all is well. I've recently been wondering what happened to Jaden Rose guitars. I've had a look and not seen any updates in the last 4 years. I hope all is well with him.

Anyone on here still got a Jaden Rose? If so, please share a photo. I always thought they were extremely cool. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    They are excellent guitars. 

I think he just decided to concentrate on other things and stopped doing it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Yeah, I've actually got three of them (and my dad's got the one and only bass he made). Mine are two out of three Tele-shaped guitars he made (one with an insane driftwood wenge top, and the other a really thin one with an ultra-thin black limba body and a pistachio fretboard), as well as a thin Series 2 prototype he sent me as a raw kit for me to finish and assemble after I saw it in the background of a workshop photo he put on Facebook. I'll dig some photos out at some point if I get time.

I don't think I'm speaking out of turn when I say that he kinda got tired of the tyre-kickers and fighting for sales, so he went back into plumbing (and made a lot more money...).

He's been musing about getting back into making guitars in the last couple of years, but customs only.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 427
    @digitalscream I remember those Tele shapes! I bought two Series 2 from him, nice guy. I also remember him having a lot of tyre kickers. The thinline S2 sounds very cool. Would be interested in picks of any of them, if you have the time. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 3922
    edited August 2022
    I bought an Ibanez RG550 from Jaden many years ago. He was a nice guy, and the guitar was set up immaculately. I really liked the look of his own stuff; maybe if he does get back into making I could treat myself to one for my 50th birthday...
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I know there are a number of compulsive tire kickers on here and I'd suggest thinking seriously about this story before sending the next missive about some complex custom build you have no intention of buying.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    I know there are a number of compulsive tire kickers on here and I'd suggest thinking seriously about this story before sending the next missive about some complex custom build you have no intention of buying.

Sometimes the ones that end up as builds can then show that same behaviour all the way through. 

Personally i quite like it, when its on my terms. I think it helps my creative process, but there is no way i can do that with more than 1 or 2 people at a time.  It's certainly not a way to run a business and make a living, and it can be a massive drain
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    WezV said:

Sometimes the ones that end up as builds can then show that same behaviour all the way through. 

Personally i quite like it, when its on my terms. I think it helps my creative process, but there is no way i can do that with more than 1 or 2 people at a time.  It's certainly not a way to run a business and make a living, and it can be a massive drain
    Exactly - that's why they can't be ignored, as you know, and that's where all the profit goes.
    <space for hire>
    Did anyone here ever try put the newer range of guitars - the Glaive etc?
    Elwood said:
    Did anyone here ever try put the newer range of guitars - the Glaive etc?
    Yep, I did. They were excellent, as always, but I couldn't get on with the switch position. Also I'm not a fan of glossy finishes.
    <space for hire>
  • alanohaganalanohagan Frets: 120
    This was my old Jaden, I think a few forum members also owned it and as always I should have kept this one - flat out awesome guitar 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1583
    I spoke to Jaden a few months ago (he lives near me now), I dont think there are any plans afoot to return to guitar making any time, which is a shame. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Understandable. I hope he is doing well.
    edited April 2023
    Been keeping an eye out for JR - not seen a single one turn up of sale!. Good that people are hanging on to them, but a shame that no more are being made!

Very understandable, the custom UK made markets can never have been easy, and must be very difficult under current conditions.
  • Elwood said:
    Been keeping an eye out for JR - not seen a single one turn up of sale!. Good that people are hanging on to them, but a shame that no more are being made!

Very understandable, the custom UK made markets can never have been easy, and must be very difficult under current conditions.

Hi Elwood, do you know who is the current owner of the orange Jadne Rose you once sold? I need that one and registered here only for it :)
    Kind regards!
    Elwood said:

...but a shame that no more are being made!
    You obviously haven't been following his Facebook...

...posted last Friday.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    I played one of the JRs that @digitalscream owns at a Fretboard meetup. While I could never have got on with the neck, the quality of the build was absolutely top notch. I can see why they are in high demand.
    Epic!

I think I am following his facebook - just having been on in a week, or a month, or even a year 
    edited September 2023
    EDIT: I am an idiot. :)