Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What to charge for agency gig with travel? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What to charge for agency gig with travel?

AustrianJohnAustrianJohn Frets: 1658
My guitar duo band has been playing local bars, restaurants and events for a few years - pay is usually around €400 for an evening. By local I mean no more than a 5 monute drive. We've been offered a gig through an agency for a private party about 90 minutes drive away. They only want two 30 minutes sets, so it's an easy gig, but with added travel.

Can anyone give me a clue about the going rate for something like this?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TheMadMickTheMadMick Frets: 213
    If you know the hourly rate for your local gigs, then charge 2 x 1.5 hours (travel time) + 1 hour for your "concert" time and, in the UK, a standard mileage rate is 45p/mile to avoid paying HMRC tax on it.

I'd get paid up front if I were you unless you are very sure you will get paid at the end. Send a proforma invoice.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter