Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). SORTED - Seeking recommendations for UA or native plug-ins - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

SORTED - Seeking recommendations for UA or native plug-ins

CastroCastro Frets: 446
edited September 2022 in Studio & Recording
Hi people

Having just invested in a UA Apollo X4 Heritage Edition, I'm keen to draw up a shortlist for additional UA or native plug-ins.

In particular I will be recording vocals, acoustic guitar and electric guitar, plus I'd like some great piano sounds.

Any recommendations are appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FrizerFrizer Frets: 45
    This might sound a bit stupid but you want the UA stuff. So the 1176 etc. Most of the other branded stuff is available cheaper at places like Plugin Alliance. I think they might be the only place you can get Neve branded plugins? Maybe Lexicon too, I think that is only standalone aside from UA. I like Arturia for keys and Neural DSP for guitars.

As far as other stuff goes, most of the amp sims are great. Distressor and Culture Vulture are very popular.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • joeWjoeW Frets: 387
    The UA spark has a lovely piano (and MiniMoog) and a nice suite of eq’s and compression that works great for guitar - never done vocals. They are all native too. 
  • CastroCastro Frets: 446
    Thanks @Frizer and @joeW ;
  • jmf1928jmf1928 Frets: 54
    The UA 1176, LA2A, 2500, and Fairchild are excellent. I use the API vision channel strip all the time. It’s fantastic though wish GUI was resizable. Still my #1 channel strip. The Lexicon stuff is brilliant as is the AMS stuff. Those are my top uses. Also sometimes use the dytronics stuff and ocean way sound. 
  • CastroCastro Frets: 446
    Thanks @jmf1928 ;
  • @Castro I'd be interested to know what extras you have picked,  I see this thread is marked SORTED now.