Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A newbie's stuff... - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A newbie's stuff...

All my own stuff, in a variety of guises. All recorded at home on audacity, apart from a collaboration with a close-harmony singing duo who added beautiful vocals to a song called Treasures.

Nobody gets it - ever.  Invariably they look shamefacedly at their shoes and say " oh, well as long as you enjoy doing it....
Too old and not talented enough for any kind of aspirations, other than somebody to listen.  And the samaritans were closed...

www.lemonrock.com/mythicald

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• I envy people who are able to write their own tracks. Enjoyed listening to them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Those recordings sound like tape ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 868
    edited August 2022
    I haven't listened to all of them as there are a lot of tracks on there and some don't seem to work, but there's some good stuff in there which you should be very pleased with.
    In terms of criticism I would say it sounds a bit dated, production wise, but then these are home recordings that have been done over a long period (if I understand you correctly). Your vocals aren't the strong point, but I would say that they suit the music and work well with it. The music and lyrics are quite downbeat and the tempos are on the whole pretty slow, so this can make them drag a bit in places; the fact that I didn't hear any clear sing-along choruses doesn't help this, but again it works within the songs, so it's not necessarily wrong.
    What's your goal with these? I've posted some points here, but you may not be looking for feedback at all; maybe you just want people to hear them? If you're looking to get more listens I would say pare them down to a shorter list (or groups of songs, like albums/EPs) and put them on a more popular site like YouTube, Soundcloud, etc. If these tracks were mine I would be tempted to pick my favourite (or a few of them) and give them to someone else to produce and mix to see what comes back as you may be surprised by what you hear. Maybe strip them back to just guitar, vocal and possibly another acoustic instrument (piano, violin, flute, etc).
    The fact that your friends 'don't get them' shouldn't discourage you at all as there are many positives in there. Some of my best friends have very different tastes in music to my own, and some of them are not interested in music at all, so they are not always the best guide when looking for feedback. Stick with it ;-)