Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Steinberg Pro24 III - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Steinberg Pro24 III

Finally! - After many years in the wilderness, my 1988=> early 90's Atari/pro24/Cubase1 songs have been translated so that they can run in 64bit up to date Cubase versions.

I know I could have saved them as MIDI files, but in the Pro24 songs, small *.PAT files were embeded that contained custom patch  load information for my modules, loading my own created customised volatile patches on the fly by virtue of the Cubase/Satellite app for the Atari ST.

It took several installations of various eras of Cubase installed on several PCs, but in essence, here is the route I employed:

Load pro24 .SNG - into Cubase Atari ST vs 2 - save as Cubase  *.ARR

Load Cubase Atari ST  *.ARR into Cubase 5.0VST as 'IMPORT Cubase Arrangement' - save as  *.CPR

Then you can Load (OPEN) that 5.0VST  *.CPR file into Cubase > upwards !!

If for any reason you can't, you can do a halfway house import/save from 5VST to SX and then move the file onwards. 

Cubase official chart here:

https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/115000075750-Converting-Cubase-VST-songs-ALL-ARR-into-CPR-format

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>