Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). WTB: Chapman Guitar - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

WTB: Chapman Guitar

What's Hot
ElwoodElwood Frets: 427
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Hey folks,

Does anyone have one of the early Chapman ML-2 guitars for sale? Ideally the natural finish. I'm looking for something cheap as a second guitar to try different strings/tunings and do some general fettling, so it does not need to be in perfect condition. I thing these were out around 2013-2016.

I'd also consider one of the other ML shapes, but the ML-2 is my favorite.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• ElwoodElwood Frets: 427
    Still looking folks :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1004
    Crack Converters have an ML-1 in at £260 delivered, any good?

Not sure if that's a good price as ive never really followed the pricing of them.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks man, I hadn't thought to check sites like that. I'm not a fan of the finish though.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Still looking folks :) 
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    Somethings are just too convenient ...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Any more options around? I'm in West Sussex this week and coule pick something up locally.
  • I have an ML-1 I’d be up for trading. It’s the cherry sunburst colour and it’s totally stock. Really good condition too. It doesn’t have the original gigbag but I have a hard case for it. If interested we could discuss price and meeting up or whatever. Cheers
    Any about?
  • theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 119
    edited April 2023
    I have an ML2 in the lunar finish (black/grey), that I’m considering moving on. I need to put the original pickups back in, but once that is done it will be up for sale.

Edit - one of these:

https://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/product/180322325050008--chapman-standard-series-ml2-modern-lunar-v2
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 188
    Thank you
    @theimageofall thank you but I'm not after the newer one.

@Chenzman that is very cool in that colour way, i'll hang on for the moment to see if I can snag an ML-2 
  • chenzmanchenzman Frets: 188
    Elwood said:
    Thank you
    @theimageofall thank you but I'm not after the newer one.

@Chenzman that is very cool in that colour way, i'll hang on for the moment to see if I can snag an ML-2 
    No worries dude, good luck with the search 
    Still looking :) 
    :) 
    :)
    I'm sure there are loads of these dusty and unloved at the back of cupboards. Anyone got one they are willing to sell? 
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 569
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 15
    edited June 2023
    Hi there, I'm new here and saw this; I do have one of the original 250(?) Chinese ones. I took it to Graham Noden on day one for a fret level and setup, and he replaced the nut as well. Currently sporting Seymour Duncan 59/Custom in the bridge and 59 in the neck.

Only snag is that I'm not looking to sell at the moment, but it's not getting much play time; not its fault, I just have too many guitars, so that might change. Leaving this here so we don't forget each other.

Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon and Patrick Folk Cedar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks Gents. I'm just looking for a used one I can play about with, mint doesn't matter at that price!

Thank you for the photo of your one @topdog91 I'm hoping to find a MiK one. 
  • topdog91topdog91 Frets: 15
    edited June 2023
    Ah, fair enough. BTW the original runs (you said "early" were MiC. Anyway there don't seem to be many around, good luck!

Edit: not sure what happened to my photo, I can't seem to upload photos around here. :shrug:
    Brian Moore MC1 / i9.13p, Chapman ML-2 / ML-3, Fender Richie Kotzen Telecaster, Peavey Predator / T-60, PRS SE Akerfeldt / Akesson , Squier Classic Vibe FSR Custom Tele x2, Simon and Patrick Folk Cedar
    Ah, okay. I didn't know where MiC ML-2 models. Sorry about that. 
    I'm visiting sunny Sussex. Has anyone got one gathering dust in the area?
    edited October 2023
    September check in
    October check in