Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Turn it up. A first on me. - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Turn it up. A first on me.

What's Hot
relic245relic245 Frets: 822
It's about 35 years since I did my first ever gig and tonight was another first.

The landlord asked us to turn up, several times!

At one point he said, all the way, give it everything you've got.

It was an outdoor gig at a pub literally in the middle of nowhere. several miles from the closet house. We didn't go all the way. My blackstar artisan 30 still had a long way to go but boy was it loud. My ears are seriously ringing now.
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    Strewth!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    Is there any wildlife remaining in the area?
    Must have felt great to have a blast like that though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • relic245relic245 Frets: 822
    It did feel great. I'm a bit spoiled now though as I want my amp to sound like that all the time.

It did bring its own challenges too. I use a 335 and don't have any noise gates set up as I don't normally need them. I did have to be on it to stop squealing a few times.

Also a little scary. When I can hardly hear it if I make a mistake I can kid myself that no one will hear it.

When it's that loud there's no double that everyone can hear it
  • relic245 said:
    It's about 35 years since I did my first ever gig and tonight was another first.

The landlord asked us to turn up, several times!

At one point he said, all the way, give it everything you've got.

It was an outdoor gig at a pub literally in the middle of nowhere. several miles from the closet house. We didn't go all the way. My blackstar artisan 30 still had a long way to go but boy was it loud. My ears are seriously ringing now.
    What amp were you using? How many watts were you cranking out?!
    Blackstar Artisan 30 with the channels jumpered.

It was a lot  less than a half way on the volumes but seriously loud.

What I don't know is how much louder it gets or if it just distorts past that point.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    relic245 said:
    Blackstar Artisan 30 with the channels jumpered.

It was a lot  less than a half way on the volumes but seriously loud.

What I don't know is how much louder it gets or if it just distorts past that point.
    It actually gets quieter from then on 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    Serious note - get some ear protection. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    FarleyUK said:
    Serious note - get some ear protection. 
    That's a really good point. 

I usually don't wear ear protection on stage but probably should more often, even though we don't play that loud. 

I've actually got a really good set that were custom molded for me but for some reason I stopped wearing them. 

Thanks for the reminder, I'll dig them out.