Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Edinburgh? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Edinburgh?

What's Hot
We and MrsF are off up there for a wedding in September, and will have the day after the wedding to explore the city a bit. We've never been before, so...

Any recommendations?
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    I love Edinburgh. If you only have one day I would say just go wandering!
    If you want to do 'tourist', there's the Castle, Camera Obscura, Arthur's Seat, National Museum of Scotland...
    Don't bother with Our Dynamic Earth.
    Do an underground ghost tour! 
    Go down the Grassmarket. Great bars/food and there's Red Dog Music on the corner if you want to check some gear out.

But me? I like a wander.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Aye, we'll probably be mostly wandering up to the castle, back down, find lunch, etc. Any good markets? 

And pubs! I miss pubs! I need pubs!
  • barry2tonebarry2tone Frets: 212
    edited August 2013
     Scayles, Red Dog (in the Grassmarket), GuitarGuitar............ :>

This might help if you've a free evening.

• DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    And pubs! I miss pubs! I need pubs!
    No shortage of them in Embra!

If you want to try summat different then get down to the BrewDog bar on Cowgate. Mmm... BrewDog...
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited August 2013
     Scayles, Red Dog (in the Grassmarket), GuitarGuitar............ :>

This might help if you've a free evening.

Babyshambles are playing the night we're there. Might give that a miss!!

EDIT: No, that's Liverpool. No great loss :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24595
    I love Edinburgh .. lots to see. The whisky museum and the castle are great and the Camera Obscura is interesting. And a walk to Arthur's SEat .. there are plenty of pubs and eating houses. Have a good time.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!