Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The end of an era: Status-Graphite - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The end of an era: Status-Graphite

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
http://www.status-graphite.com/status/frames/index_home.html

Good luck to Rob, I hope his treatment goes well.

I've had 3 Statii and they've all been excellent.
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Oh I'm glad he is recovering. That is a huge shame but it seems understandable.

I don't think this will be the end. Highly regarded basses so no doubt eventually someone else may take over.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Lovely basses. I still have one, my second, and Status are my preferred bass strings.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257

I don't think this will be the end. Highly regarded basses so no doubt eventually someone else may take over.

Could be - but then again Pedulla and Vigier decided to just call it a day and not sell up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 256
    Must admit I had no idea they were still going!
    I suppose they haven’t been as visible as they used to be, but Muse, Mark King, V-Man (Slipknot) and others have signature models and the quality is amazing.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696

Could be - but then again Pedulla and Vigier decided to just call it a day and not sell up.
    Vigier seem to still be going, no?

Not for long - he's announced it somewhere that he's calling it a day. Not sure if the order book is still open or not.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 2872
    edited July 2022

Not for long - he's announced it somewhere that he's calling it a day. Not sure if the order book is still open or not.
    Done a quick google search and it seems Vigier have now stopped orders and will cease to operate altogether the end of next year. A real shame because they're amazing.

Hope to get my hands on one some day
  • LukeFRCLukeFRC Frets: 2
    Less graphite necked basses for a bit then :(