Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Paul Ryder - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Paul Ryder

What's Hot
the_jaffathe_jaffa Frets: 1572
Bass player, sometime actor, character and brother of Shaun. 

Just seen that he’s died. 

RIP
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Proper character not bothered about airing sibling rivalry in public.

Last time I seen them was Shiiine On a couple of years back. Paul and Shaun had a barney on stage and Paul buggered off for a couple of songs. Twas epic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24339
    Some of their stuff is era-defining - a band I have a huge affection for.

Way too young…

RIP
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    RIP Paul. Very much a favourite band of mine in my formative years. Seems very sudden and he was way too young.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
    RIP Paul, amazing player, totally shaped the Mondays sound, that early stuff is just out there really.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The Mondays were a great band in their prime during the late 80’s and early 90’s. Paul’s bass playing was a key part of their sound.

RIP Paul
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    edited July 2022
    I loved the Mondays. Weren't the doing concerts recently? Sure I got a message from Spotify. 
    I think I remember something about his son having cancer a while back.
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2562
    Circa Bummed and Thrills, Pills... the Mondays were untouchable.  For me, the best band of the whole Madchester movement, and Kinky Afro is (by some distance) the defining song of that turn-of-the-90s indie-dance period...sleazy, groovy, massive-sounding.  A killer single.

Paul was a massive part of "that" sound.  Caught the Mondays on Sky Arts a few weeks back playing a set at the IOW Festival, and sure enough, Paul was there pinning it down.  It must have been something awfully sudden.

RIP
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter