Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). PSA: bargain price on AKG C214 at Anderton’s - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

PSA: bargain price on AKG C214 at Anderton’s

What's Hot
https://www.andertons.co.uk/akg-c214-large-diaphragm-cardioid-condenser-mic

Never seen them even close to this cheap. For that money a no-brainer for someone looking for a simple cardioid workhorse LDC.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3112
    Shhhh., I want one before they sell out,
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    Irresistible.

I shall compare to my C414 B-ULS

Thanks for the heads-up.

R.
  • ArchtopDaveArchtopDave Frets: 1230
    This Thread has acted as a useful reminder. After a bit of a cock up at a small festival gig a month ago, I promised to get myself an e906. Anderton's now have them back in stock, and I have a decent wad of Loyalty Points, so one will be winging it's way in my direction.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 363
    Blimey, that's cheap. Very tempted to get a pair at that price, there's a "decent overheads" shaped gap in my mic kit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 2922
    mike257 said:
    Blimey, that's cheap. Very tempted to get a pair at that price, there's a "decent overheads" shaped gap in my mic kit. 
    I have done exactly this - bought two to use as overheads on the kit. I'll continue to use ORTF, as I did with the SDCs.

R.
  • SiejenSiejen Frets: 31
    Any thoughts on This, Aston Origin or Lewitt 440 pure? I’ll be using it for operatic vocals and quiet sound design work (never a dull moment ) 
    Thanks in advance
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Siejen said:
    Any thoughts on This, Aston Origin or Lewitt 440 pure? I’ll be using it for operatic vocals and quiet sound design work (never a dull moment ) 
    Thanks in advance
    Afraid I’ve no experience with the Lewitt and only limited experience with the Astons… and not on operatic vocals!

One of the great things about the AKG is you are unlikely to lose anything on it if you decide a year from now you don’t need it anymore. It’s a “proper” mic in that sense…

Anyway, noticed Amazon are now pricematching Andertons too in case anyone would rather support a giant corporate behemoth. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • marxskimarxski Frets: 201
    How would these be in an untreated bedroom? Would I be better off getting something less sensitive?