Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tapped arpeggios (video) - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tapped arpeggios (video)

What's Hot
VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
I tabbed this out from one of the solo competitions in case anyone was interested (poss @fastonebaz after you asked and @stratman3142 ?) but decided to stick it in the technique section rather than making music. I've also done a really poor quality video - but you should get the gist. Had to grab a few minutes between lessons and it's still at toddler-napping-volume! All of this is left hand - no pick - apart from the taps, although I do sometimes use the pick to sweep back on the arpeggios in the joined-up version.

The first one is the minor shape. The only 3 notes used (in Bm) are D, B and F#, so it fits perfectly in any minor pentatonic solo you're doing. Second one is the major shape (shift the tap 2 frets lower and you get a B7 - you can muck about with this a lot). 

The next ones are adding 2 taps on top; for the minor one it changes it to Bmadd9, for the major to Bmaj7. 

Tabs:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PIRGd6__393Dhn936UyqyqLx3IkggL3u/view?usp=sharing

The last one is joining them up - so you can do a minor shape, then roll back with the left hand on a descending arpeggio (all hammered-on) and straight into a major shape. 

Tabs for this one are here - but I've inadvertently added the 2-tap version here, and didn't bother doing the ending here as this is one I wrote out ages ago:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mwHfo2yDFaZvK2ez_-ur0stP5jQv-FTT/view?usp=sharing

And the video (yes that's a cow in the background, I live in the countryside! 
). I've tried to do each one slowly and then relatively quickly.

https://youtu.be/YGruJBvRmmU

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    Presume the cow noises are to go with this month's SotM donkey effect?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Massively impressive, btw...but we'll all be doing it now ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    A quick Google tells me that there guitar rest is a 'Performaxe'
    https://guitarscientist.com/performaxe/

How do you find it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited July 2022
    Massively impressive, btw...but we'll all be doing it now

Yes. In my dreams

Thanks for posting that @Vibetronic ;;

It's not a competition.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    It's so clean
    It's so precise
    It sounds amazing
    You make it look so simple
    Your stretch is huge
    Your tabbing skills are immense too

{Cries into a bowl of used plectrums}

:-)

Seriously impressive stuff great to see how it's played,  thanks for posting. 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    A quick Google tells me that there guitar rest is a 'Performaxe'
    https://guitarscientist.com/performaxe/

How do you find it?
    It’s one of the best guitar gadgets I’ve ever got…makes playing really comfy as I’ve had a really bad back on and off for years. Doesn’t solve it but helps a lot…pricy but worth it. That said, it’s better on less contoured guitars. This one is a Majesty and it’s so curvy and thin that the thing struggles to find a grip!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It's so clean
    It's so precise
    It sounds amazing
    You make it look so simple
    Your stretch is huge
    Your tabbing skills are immense too

{Cries into a bowl of used plectrums}

:-)

Seriously impressive stuff great to see how it's played,  thanks for posting. 
    To be honest, the sequence took me about a month and a half to two months to remember, get smooth and then get quick - I never thought I’d get it right. But when you get it down you can throw it in anywhere or adapt it and it sounds awesome. Sometimes you have to play the long game, and you have the same skillset as me from the playing I’ve heard and seen  =)

@stratman3142  - same as what I said to baz above. Will take a while but worth it :)  Easily within your grasp, I’ve heard your playing!