Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Rode NT5 vs SE8 vs some cheaper AKG P170? - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Rode NT5 vs SE8 vs some cheaper AKG P170?

What's Hot
Any thoughts?

A pair, primarily for acoustic guitar, mandolin and assorted percussion?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    I went from a NT5 to Se8’s. I prefer the Se8’s. I think I did some comparisons with an acoustic guitar, if I can find them I’ll message you a link.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SiejenSiejen Frets: 31
    For Se8 money the sound on sound team like the Line Audio CM4. I have a pair and they are excellent, and being small are not intrusive. Not tried the others though. I have some Se1, which I now don’t use….
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3112
    Thanks
    The pad and HPF features are also interesting,  Might get used with drums and cabs close up and brass/horns.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1896
    I found some of my mike test recordings last night, sorry, I could only find comparison between NT-5 vs Beyer MC930. As I recall, the Se 8's had less of a presence lift than the Nt-5, and I've been really happy with them. I know they are not cheap compared to some of the Chinese options, but I have been impressed on acoustic guitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Lodious said:
    I found some of my mike test recordings last night, sorry, I could only find comparison between NT-5 vs Beyer MC930. As I recall, the Se 8's had less of a presence lift than the Nt-5, and I've been really happy with them. I know they are not cheap compared to some of the Chinese options, but I have been impressed on acoustic guitar. 
    Thanks. The SEs do appeal most,
  • any thoughts on Aston Starlights?