Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Poopot's Cover Challenge #20 - the letter G - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Poopot's Cover Challenge #20 - the letter G

What's Hot

Comments

• HabaneroHabanero Frets: 225
    Bezzer said:

I've got an idea which might be horrible, but lets see how we go.
    In my experience these are often the best ones.

wonder if anyone is doing Goldfinger …
    Er, they might be  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sent one in. It will be no surprise thanks to Mystic @Bezzer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Bezzer said:

I've got an idea which might be horrible, but lets see how we go.
    In my experience these are often the best ones.

Ha, turns out it wasn't .... 
  • flying_pieflying_pie Frets: 1767
    Habanero said:
    And that's @Habanero in the playlist

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/poopots-cover-challenge-g
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BezzerBezzer Frets: 572
    Habanero said:
    That’s great! Sleaford Mods does Bassey
    edited August 2022
    Bezzer said:
    Habanero said:
    That’s great! Sleaford Mods does Bassey
    I guess that’s what happens when you replace an orchestra and a legendary diva with one bloke with a guitar, two amp models and a couple of pedals. My voice didn’t like being that low at all.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 2003amxl2003amxl Frets: 69
    I've attempted to record an impression of Eric Johnson playing Girls Just Want to Have Fun in the style of Cliffs of Dover. I never expected it to work but low and behold it didn't.

2003amxl said:
    I've attempted to record an impression of Eric Johnson playing Girls Just Want to Have Fun in the style of Cliffs of Dover. I never expected it to work but low and behold it didn't.

We'll be the judge of that. Send it in ;)
    I've Emailed the abomination in. 
    2003amxl said:
    I've Emailed the abomination in. 
     Can you resend it? I didn't get it and think my email might have been blocking it
    Sorry that's my fault, sent it from a temp email. I'll resend it.
    @2003amxl you said that didn’t work, bloody liar! Ha ha

That was great, really inventive, got the Johnson thing down, was definitely GJWHF and some proper chops. Nice one! 
    Thanks Bezzer. The problem I had was bumping a 120bpm song up to a 170bpm shuffle, couldn't get the timing of the melody so had ditch a lot of it.
    Bezzer said:
    @2003amxl you said that didn’t work, bloody liar! Ha ha

That was great, really inventive, got the Johnson thing down, was definitely GJWHF and some proper chops. Nice one! 
    I though it was fairly obvious that it would sound great. You don't do something in the style of EJ unless you know what you're doing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    I've submitted a modest attempt with a rather pitchy vocal!
    horse said:
    Is there any other type of recorded amateur vocal?

@horse is in the playlist

https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard/sets/poopots-cover-challenge-g
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sent mine.

It's not a competition.
    @stratman3142 in the playlist
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 135
    horse said:
    This reminds me of that Madworld cover a few years back, you could have a Christmas number 1 on your hands!
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    IMC1980 said:
    horse said:
    This reminds me of that Madworld cover a few years back, you could have a Christmas number 1 on your hands!
     Yes, I'm waiting on the call from John Lewis
  • westfordwestford Frets: 514
    Struggling here, a good friend from another guitar forum died a few weeks ago and the thought of setting up my mic knowing he won’t ever hear what I record... well, you guys know what that’s like. Might get something done, might sit this one out.
    westford said:
    Struggling here, a good friend from another guitar forum died a few weeks ago and the thought of setting up my mic knowing he won’t ever hear what I record... well, you guys know what that’s like. Might get something done, might sit this one out.
    Yeah, I think it's fair to say we know what that's like.  So sorry to hear that, hope you're doing OK, plenty of ears around here if you need them.
    westford said:
    That's unbelievable - that you're on another guitar forum!

So sorry to hear that @westford .

Obviously we'd love to hear what you could record but totally understand. Poopot was always my fresh pair of ears for either out there cover demos or ear blind masters, so it's his fault if everything I now submit sounds like shit.

Take it easy. You've always got fresh and supportive ears here for music or anything else

westford said:
    Sorry for your loss @westford - I hope you are doing OK. Grief is an absolute fucker, we are all here if you need us.
    Sent mine in. Never want to hear Girls Just Wanna Have Fun again....
  • IMC1980 said:
    Sent mine in. Never want to hear Girls Just Wanna Have Fun again....
    @IMC1980 ; you've sent an mpeg instead of an mp3, ya muppet
     =)  I will try again!
    Sent it again
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter