Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Altamont 2022 - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Altamont 2022

What's Hot
ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
I've just had further confirmation that normally the audience doesn't notice mistakes. Last night our cover band played a wedding in Fife where members of a biker gang were getting hitched, and we were awful, especially me. Bum notes, solos forgotten, singer forgetting when the song ends, you name it.

The place was full of proper hard bikers in their cutoffs and leathers, and for the first set there was no reaction at all. Zero. I started having imaginary flash backs to the Stones gig at Altamont. A smattering of applause in the second set after they had smoked and drunk but nothing like normal. The load out was stressful as we had to use the main entrance and avoid running people's toes over with flightcases and the 80kg subs.

Apparently they loved us. Who knew?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1067
    You've pretty much described every gig I play.

On Friday we played to a heaving social club. 
    We got a full dance floor on precisely one number (Billy Ocean's Love Really Hurts).
    The rest of the time perhaps 5 people on there for some of the numbers - most of the time tumbleweed.

End of the night I'm thinking what's with the non-reaction?
    Social secretary comes over  - "When can we book you guys again..."...
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

… in Fife …
    Crossgates?

Just going by a similar experience I had a couple of decades ago!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Last time I played for a load of bikers, it was for a 'living wake'.....A most unusual evening. Especially as we are primarily a wedding band, and really don't play your standard Biker Rally kind of set.

I recall a guy getting up and playing harmonica on Mustang Sally...despite us playing it in a different key to his harmonica.

I wouldn't say it sounded terrible, mind... well, certainly not to his face.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
    ICBM said:

… in Fife …
    Crossgates?

Just going by a similar experience I had a couple of decades ago!
    No. Falkland Community Hall, but we played a fundraiser at Crossgates British Legion in April.