Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Expanding audient id 14, only need two more inputs - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Expanding audient id 14, only need two more inputs

What's Hot
Does anyone know the cheapest way to add two more channels to the audient id14? I assume through the spidf, I’ve looked at the behringer ada8200 but wondering if there’s a smaller alternative ..
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1206
    Yeah, just via the optical input (it's ADAT btw, SPDIF is something different).  I'm not aware of anything smaller than rackmount devices, so if space is a consideration then it might be better to switch the interface for something with the required number of inputs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BodBod Frets: 1206
    edited June 2022
    Just a thought, but if you're on a Mac I think you can use multiple interfaces via an aggregate device, so you could potentially just add a cheap 2 channel audio interface to increase the input count.  Not an option on Windows unless you use ASIO4ALL, but that's flaky in my experience. 
  • mrleon83mrleon83 Frets: 174
    Ooohhh , that could be done (I’m on mac) I think , I may have found a solution with a dual mic pre … 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    If you don't need the possibility of simultaneous of recording on all channels, then a simple Mackie 402 mixer (or similar) is the cheapest way to add more inputs. I used this for a while and it worked just fine for me.

Or, something like this ADC: https://www.amazon.co.uk/PROZOR-Digital-Converter-Toslink-Optical/dp/B08MQBX6JS - not used, but it's what they are for