Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My Gary Moore interpretation..Still got the blues solo part - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My Gary Moore interpretation..Still got the blues solo part

What's Hot
BarneyBarney Frets: 598
edited June 2022 in Plug My Stuff
A jam on the still got the blues backing track    just main theme then some of my own ideas 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    Barney said:
    A jam on the still got the blues backing track    just main theme then some of my own ideas 

You must have edited your post, as the link is now showing only as an image.

…delete the link and post it again, and it should work ok

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 598
    Barney said:

Ok ..thanks mate what's that like now 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    Top notch playing @Barney sounds ace
    mgaw said:
    Top notch playing @Barney sounds ace
    Thanks mate ...thanks for listening
    Barney said:
    Barney said:

Works now. 
    Sounds great, too.
    I expected a pentatonic flurry, but what you did was much more inventive and also carried more emotion. Very atmospheric in places. Great tone too.
    Thanks for sharing!

Barney said:
    Barney said:

Works now. 
    Sounds great, too.
    I expected a pentatonic flurry, but what you did was much more inventive and also carried more emotion. Very atmospheric in places. Great tone too.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks very much mate and the nice comments..I didn't really have much in mind when I done it just really playing the backing track trying to get the feel of Gary Moore ...dunno iff I managed or just done something totally different ..lol
    Barney said:
    Barney said:
    Barney said:

Works now. 
    Sounds great, too.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks very much mate and the nice comments..I didn't really have much in mind when I done it just really playing the backing track trying to get the feel of Gary Moore ...dunno iff I managed or just done something totally different ..lol
    Your tone nails the Gary Moore thing, you nail his intro, then you take it somewhere new. So…both.

• Some lovely playing here @Barney. Very tasteful!
    @Hotshot1999 thanks for listening mate :)
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    Splendid.  With chops like that you should get into SOTM in the making music channel. 
    @fastonebaz thanks mate ...yeah will have a look ...iv had a go at a few of them  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 526
    Awesome . . . Loved it :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

@maw4neu thanks for listening mate :)
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    cracking playing mate!
  • Dav275Dav275 Frets: 256
    Really enjoyed that.  Wish I could manage something even a fraction as good.
    BlueStrat said: cracking playing mate!
    Dav275 said: Really enjoyed that.  Wish I could manage something even a fraction as good. Thanks for listening :)
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 966
    Barney said:
    BlueStrat said:
    cracking playing mate!
    Dav275 said:
    Thanks for listening :) It was my pleasure mate - really was! Such great vibrato, tasty bends and a lush tone - thanks for posting. 
    I loved how you kept some of the original and put your own parts in, nicely done. 
    If you get time to post anything else I’d love to hear it
    BlueStrat said:
    Barney said:
    BlueStrat said:
    cracking playing mate!
    Dav275 said:
    Thanks for listening :)

If you get time to post anything else I’d love to hear it
    I think I have other bits and pieces posted  on here somewhere :)
  • KrisGeeKrisGee Frets: 1137
    Watched it before I saw it on here - the tune is on my list of classic solos to learn and was looking on YT what people's approach is to the sound and feel when covering. It's one of those solos that I'd rather avoid copying 100%. Love it how you did yours. 
    KrisGee said:
    Watched it before I saw it on here - the tune is on my list of classic solos to learn and was looking on YT what people's approach is to the sound and feel when covering. It's one of those solos that I'd rather avoid copying 100%. Love it how you did yours. 
    Thanks mate ....yeah I think it's one of them solos that is open to interpretation and not set in stone type of thing ...
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 135
    Really cool melodies going on there, very enjoyable. The original outro solo is iconic and seared into my brain so hearing different lines and runs is very pleasing.
    IMC1980 said:
    Really cool melodies going on there, very enjoyable. The original outro solo is iconic and seared into my brain so hearing different lines and runs is very pleasing.
    Thanks mate ..I'm pleased you enjoyed it....it's one of the solos iv heard a lot but never learned it ..but always loved it :)
  • Axe2GrindAxe2Grind Frets: 5
    Great work Barney, lovely Gary Moore playing. 
    Just wondering if you're the same Barney from the old GuitarBlast forum, or could have been Guitars101 or 6stringHeaven, I do remember a cracking player named Barney on one of those forums though. :)
    edited June 2022
    Axe2Grind said:
    Just wondering if you're the same Barney from the old GuitarBlast forum, or could have been Guitars101 or 6stringHeaven, I do remember a cracking player named Barney on one of those forums though.
    Thanks mate ....yeah I was on guitar blast ..or could have been guitar chaos ? Can't really remember ...it was years ago now though you submitted MP3 and links ...at least I did then I think ...no vids 
  • Axe2GrindAxe2Grind Frets: 5
    Barney said:
    Axe2Grind said:
    Just wondering if you're the same Barney from the old GuitarBlast forum, or could have been Guitars101 or 6stringHeaven, I do remember a cracking player named Barney on one of those forums though.
    Thanks mate ....yeah I was on guitar blast ..or could have been guitar chaos ? Can't really remember ...it was years ago now though you submitted MP3 and links ...at least I did then I think ...no vids 

Pretty sure it was GuitarBlast as it was yonks ago, GuitarChaos is still active albeit about as lively as a corpse lol. 
    Anyways, good to see you are still putting out the good stuff mate :)