Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS - 2 pickups. - Parts £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS - 2 pickups.

What's Hot
PennPenn Frets: 351
edited July 2023 in Parts £

57 Classic Pickup for sale.  Gold cover. It’s a spare for my ES345 I’ve had for a few years. I was going to swap it as the gold wore on the one in the guitar. Having had the spare sat in the case for 5 years with the guitar I figure if I was going to do it I would have by now. I’m not sure how much to ask,  I was thinking about £100.

I also have a random low output strat pickup. Not a clue what it’s from as discussed here:

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/248364/anyone-know-what-this-pickup-is/p1

I paid 30 for it so I guess I’d like 30 back?

Cable is very short so might need lengthening. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• PennPenn Frets: 351
    Any interest?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Anyone?
    Bump 
    Bump
    Bump
  • Penn said:
    https://imgur.com/a/0cdyjoV

57 Classic Pickup for sale.  Gold cover. It’s a spare for my ES345 I’ve had for a few years. I was going to swap it as the gold wore on the one in the guitar but having had the spare sat in the case for 5 years with the guitar I figure if i was going to do it I would have by now. I’m not sure how much to ask,  I was thinking about £100.

Either reverb or ebay completed/sold listings is a good indicator 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I did have a look on eBay. There were no sold ones in the U.K.  
    Bump… open to offers. 
  • There are probably lots of '57 Classics that are sold on ebay, but they are usually uncovered. I don't know how much a gold cover will lift the value, but I think they're quite cheap to buy, so finding a price for a cover should be easy enough.
    Bump
    Anyone?
    Bump 
    Bump 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I don't know how much a gold cover will lift the value but I think they're quite cheap to buy, so finding a price for a cover should be easy enough.
    The price of the cover is only a fraction of the matter. It needs to be soldered on correctly and, possibly, given a second dip in potting wax to minimise squeal. Not everyone has the equipment at home to do this properly.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Bump m