Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Riff of the Month (RotM) #75 Challenge - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Riff of the Month (RotM) #75 Challenge

What's Hot
stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
edited June 2022 in Making Music
This is the 75th Riff of the Month (RotM) Challenge.

The challenge is now open, and remains open for submissions until midnight on 24th July 2022.

All you have to do is ...

Write a riff. It could be anything from a single RAW guitar track to a full mix of instruments or a Bass guitar riff. However, the focus must be on the riff. Most entries will probably be guitar based riffs, but they don't have to be.

Aim to keep it to a maximum of 50 seconds. This is about riffs, not songs.
Send your entry (as an mp3) to riffs@theFB.co.uk
Include your forum name in the email.

Voting will start soon after the submission deadline, with each voter selecting their 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice.
First choice gets 5 points - Second choice gets 3 points - Third choice gets 1 point. The order and scores of the top three entries will be announced soon after the voting ends. 
No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    Mine's in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    In theory entry entry closes midnight 23rd June 2022. But I expect I'll have to carry this one over for another month.

It's not a competition.
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 860
    edited June 2022
    That's a nasty riff Strat, you should build a whole track around it. 

I'll have one in soon. 
    edited June 2022
    Sent. It's what plays in my head when the mother in law visits. 

Tried to kop the signature Geordie Walker sound. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sent.

It's in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
    edited June 2022
    Just one more entry needed for it to close at midnight.  Otherwise I'll extend it for another month if it's OK with @Springywheel ;;;
    It's not a competition.
    No worries 
    I'll extend this one for another month, to hopefully get more entries.
    It's not a competition.
  • jeroenvanhulsteijnjeroenvanhulsteijn Frets: 66
    edited June 2022
    Incoming. A simple blues riff. I think I have many variations to this theme. Picked up a fairly cheap Squier strat recently. Always liked stratty sounds, but never felt comfortable playing them. But this one I really like.  The squier has a COB07 serial and this was my first recording with it, hence the name Cobone.
    Incoming.
    It's in the playlist and congrats on your new Strat.

It's not a competition.
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 135
    Sent one in
  • I've sent in a few solos but have just submitted my first riff, keep on riffin' folks! :)
    Is your profile photo an AI painting @DigitalDave?
  • Yes @IMC1980 the WOMBO Dream app, an incredible piece of technology ! 
    I have used a similar tool, they are very cool, I recognise the cyber punk stylings
    Thanks for the new entries, which I'll upload as soon as I can. It might be tomorrow as I'm a bit busy today.
    It's not a competition.
    IMC1980 said:
    Sent one in
    I've sent in a few solos but have just submitted my first riff, keep on riffin' folks! :)
    Entries now in the playlist.

It's not a competition.
    2 more days to go. Entry closes midnight 24th July.
    It's not a competition.
    Entry closes at midnight.

It's not a competition.