Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Would appreciate your support for a new Americana/alt.folk/acoustic thing. - Plug My Stuff Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Would appreciate your support for a new Americana/alt.folk/acoustic thing.

What's Hot
camfcamf Frets: 1175

Anyway, I've currently got Covid so I've not got much else to be doing with myself than begging for likes...

Over lockdown I cheerfully drifted to playing more acoustic music and now that drift has turned into a gigging band. We have nothing recorded yet with this line-up, so we're pretty much relying on this live footage and Facebook support to help us get a few more gigs, at least until we get an album recorded. I would be very, very grateful if you could give our FB page a like or follow, and if it becomes a PITA with me trying to plug gigs or all the usual stuff, I will completely understand if you opt-out at the earliest opportunity. :)

https://www.facebook.com/TheBoulderFields

https://fb.watch/djkLgABi-d/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    I don’t have Facebook so can’t help on that front, but did manage to have a listen and it sounds lovely -do share the album/recordings when you’ve got that far. Hope covid is brief for you, get well soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • camfcamf Frets: 1175
    I don’t have Facebook so can’t help on that front, but did manage to have a listen and it sounds lovely -do share the album/recordings when you’ve got that far. Hope covid is brief for you, get well soon.
    Thanks! Much appreciated. I realised it was probably easier to just put a YouTube link for those sensible people who don’t do Facebook. :) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 290
    Sounds great. I've liked both your Facebook page and the YouTube video above. Good luck with the new band.
    Sounds great. I've liked both your Facebook page and the YouTube video above. Good luck with the new band.
    Thanks, that’s great and very much appreciated. 
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    also liked your page, best of luck and all that. Sounded good in that video, very polished and professional. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

VimFuego said:
    also liked your page, best of luck and all that. Sounded good in that video, very polished and professional. 
    That’s very kind… and especially appreciated. The previous bass player quit a few days before the gig but my friend, who plays in another band with me, knew most of the songs and stepped in with only one rehearsal with the full band. He did great and it was a really good fun first gig. Although he’s a busy man, it looks like he might stay too, so that’s nice. All in all, as a first gig and first gig post-lockdown, it was just what I needed. Even Covid hasn’t spoilt it. :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1513
    Brilliant Camf, really enjoyed listening to this. 

Both liked. 

Good luck!
    @Gandalph, Cheers! That’s generous of you. Hope things are good with you. You’ll have noticed I’m back hiding behind the biggest guitar I could find.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CryptidCryptid Frets: 405
    Sounding good Cam F, I enjoyed that mate. FB page well and truly 'liked'. Best of luck with the group. 

Glad you kept the big ol' J-150 ;)  
    Cryptid said:
    Sounding good Cam F, I enjoyed that mate. FB page well and truly 'liked'. Best of luck with the group. 

Glad you kept the big ol' J-150 ;)  
    Ha! Yes, it’s perfect for that stuff. Hope things are going okay with your various things. 
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    edited May 2022
    Well done for pulling it together. Sounded great. My out of tune version of the solo was better though ;)
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
    edited May 2022
    It remains the benchmark. How did your drummer meeting go? Chris looks like he’s out for the rest of the summer at least, maybe longer. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Done. Currently on a work call but will listen later - should be right up my street
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Cheers @stickyfiddle.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    camf said:
    It remains the benchmark. How did your drummer meeting go? Chris looks like he’s out for the rest of the summer at least, maybe longer. 
     Ah - Edinburgh drummer appeared to be angling for more of a session role, if I remember correctly - quite a lot of beer was sunk... As for Glasgow drummer, lots of talk as yet no dates and he's currently on tour in Australia....

Paraphrasing the youths - Fuck My Musical Life ;)
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience