Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Recording query - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Recording query

Apologies if this is a dull question but I'm new to trying to record.

I have a Boss GX-100 that I can plug straight into my MacBook via USB and record my guitar in GarageBand, this part is easy enough.

The question is how to record other sound sources such as vocals or drums (from an iPad app).

My normal setup is GX-100 & iPad into a small Behringer mixer (that also has a mic input) and out to headphones or frfr speaker.

I'm assuming that I could send the mixer output to the MacBook/Garageband and record all sound sources going through the mixer but I will need an interface between the mixer and MacBook, such as a Focusrite Scarlett, or similar?

Or upgrade the mixer to one with a USB out and do away with the additional interface?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• andy_kandy_k Frets: 808
    I'm going to recommend the same thing I always do, look into a Zoom R16 for a solution to this and many other problems.
    It is the closest to a single device that can cover this, and other applications easily, and cheaply. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Focusrite Itrack  interface  are very good and can be used with iPad/phone or a regular Mac 
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    I would just go for a cheap interface and use garage band on the Macbook ... I'm not the iPad can add anything really that isn't already do-able on the Macbook 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • guitarcookie1guitarcookie1 Frets: 446
    Went for a larger Behringer mixer with a USB out & it works perfectly into GarageBand on my MacBook.