Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #82 - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #82

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #82. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @susbemol for providing the backing track for this one.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 31st May 2022.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    5pts @stratman3142 ; felt like this one really got into the groove and was most natural along with the backing 
    3pts @Bellycaster some really good phrasing in here, just pipped at the post
    1pt @DigitalDave loved the smoothness and thickness of the tone but was left craving a big shred section :smile: ala Vai
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited May 2022
    @DigitalDave: Soaring melodic guitar. I really like the motif. There's a bit of a Carlos Rios (Gino Vanelli) vibe to it.

@Bellycaster: Bluesy funk. Interesting lines and some nice edgy notes

@fastonebaz: Certainly brave, imaginative and off-the-wall. Music for a psychedelic interlude in a dodgy 70s film

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DigitalDaveDigitalDave Frets: 16
    enjoyed all the solos :)

5 point @stratman3142 that fat sound and the notes / phrasing nailed it
    3 points @Bellycaster made the changes great and fit extremely well with the backing 
    1 points  @fastonebaz I'd say joint second but I can't, loved the curve ball approach :)

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    After a flying start I was hoping we'd get a bumper crop this month, but hey ho!

5 Points - @DigitalDave - Love the tone and sustain here, flowed nicely and went in some interesting melodic direction.

3 Points - @stratman3142 - Liked the jazzy feel, full tone and the usage of double stops and single string lines. Definitely Groovy.

1 Point - @fastonebaz - Nice one for going for something different. Underwater, mind altering Jazz. It should have been "Scuba Manoeuvre" :)
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Voting closes tonight at midnight.

It's not a competition.
  • susbemolsusbemol Frets: 339
    5 pts: @stratman3142 ;- great fit for the backing track.
    3 pts: @DigitalDave - lovely energetic vibe.
    1 pt: @Bellycaster - nice ideas throughout.

PS: gutted that I never got the chance to enter this one, I was looking forward to it but various other things got in the way. Hopefully back soon.
    Voting closed.

It's not a competition.