Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RIP Ian Curtis 42 years today - Tributes Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RIP Ian Curtis 42 years today

What's Hot
jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 11799
Propelled into myth on this day 42 years ago. 23 years old, just a boy ffs! I often go past Strawberry Studios and yearn for a time that I was too young to appreciate. RIP.
"OUR TOSSPOT"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Hugely missed, such a sad story. One of my favourite bands, RIP.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 733
    Is it really 42 years! I still remember this was big news when I was a kid. Didn't Malcolm Owen die the same year?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    edited May 2022
    100 days prior to this I couldn't get into see them at the University of London.  The place was absolutely rammed.  Memory is strange because it feels like Joy Division were a slow burn for me but they couldn't have been.  Unknown Pleasures was out in June 1979 and my friend was right on it with the record and did me a cassette which I didn't listen to till after the band were on Something Else -- and I remember watching and basically we were having a laugh at how stoned Curtis looked and that was the September.  But sometime between then and the February (the gig I couldn't into) Joy Division became pretty much my favourite band -- you know how into music you get when you're that age. 
    Burble burble.. 42 years.  Blimey. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter