Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #81 - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Voting for Solo of the Month (SotM) #81

What's Hot
Welcome to the voting thread for Solo of the Month (SotM) #81. Feel free to vote and comment in this thread.

Thanks to @DrHungry for providing the backing track for this one.

Vote for your top 3 entries. If you're an entrant you can't vote for yourself.

1st choice gets 5 points
2nd choice gets 3 points
3rd choice gets 1 point

Voting will end at midnight 30th April 2022.

The top three will be announced after the voting closes. No prizes. It's just for fun.

It's not a competition.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited April 2022
    5 points : @DigitalDave ;; : Extremely musical. Reinvented the track with great additions. The guitar started off sounding a bit Metheny then morphed into latin flavoured Santana in the second half.

Very hard to choose between the next two.

3 points : @fastonebaz ;; : Sitar like eastern flavour well suited to the track. Ravi Shanker in shred mode (Ravi Shredder ).

1 point : @Bellycaster ;;: Really nice lines and melodic ideas. Nice used of an additional guitar in the second half. 
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • really enjoyed these solos, so hard dishing out points...

5 points: @fastonebaz ; for the red hot sound and exotic tones in the first part & loved the 'rip your face off' (technical term) style in the second part :)

3 points: @stratman3142 ; Carlos Sultana lol, a very lyrical solo in part one and a fabulous Di Meola pickfest in pt2

1 point: @Bellycaster ; loved the smokey lounge vibe of the tone on this and in particular the repeated backing phrase in pt2, i don't know if you're into Zappa but i dig the phrasing here it reminded me of his style :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5750
    All great efforts here and we all seemed to follow a similar approach. Really tough to choose between you 3 as there is the usual presence of style, imagination, variation and technical wizardry. But.....here goes.

5 Points @stratman3142 - Subtle to Sizzling

3 Points @DigitalDave - Romantic to Necromantic

1 Point @fastonebaz - Gentle to Mental

:)

Seriously though, well done everyone.

@DigitalDave I haven't heard much Zappa at all and I know I'm missing out, so will have to check out his stuff. I struggled to think what to do with that last part. All I can say is that necessity must be "The Mother of Invention."

;) 
    And they said that in our time, all that's good will fall from grace, even Saints would turn their face, in our time.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775
    5pts @DigitalDave ingenious first passage,  well played

3pts @stratman3142 deffo won the most notes contest this month

1pts @Bellycaster excellent playing and some nice tones 

@stratman3142 deffo won the most notes contest this month

Possibly, but I've got a lot of catching up to do to, to match your total so far :)

It's not a competition.
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 3775

@stratman3142 deffo won the most notes contest this month

Possibly, but I've got a lot of catching up to do to, to match your total so far :)

:lol: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited May 2022
    Voting ends tonight at midnight. You don't have to be an entrant. Anyone can vote

It's not a competition.
    Voting closed.

It's not a competition.