Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). RotM #2 - Chat - Making Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

RotM #2 - Chat

What's Hot
Antique_GuitarsAntique_Guitars Frets: 1165
edited December 2014 in Making Music
Welcome good people of The Fretboard!

This is a new challenge running alongside the normal FB Challenge. This challenge is being run by @TTony and myself @Antique_Guitars

SIMPLE RULES!          NO BULLSHIT!               NO PRIZES!            NO YOUTUBE!         LOTS OF FUN!

Challenge opens today (1st September 2014) and closes on the 24th of September, for full rules see below.

Rules:

WRITE GUITAR RIFFS! (you can include whatever else you want in the mix but the riff must be the main focus)

No longer than 30 seconds of audio! this is about riffs not songs

Challenge opens on the 1st of every month

Challenge closes on the 24th of every month

Voting opens on the 25th of every month

Voting closes and winner announced on the last day of every month
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Send your audio tracks to riffs@thefb.co.uk, the tracks will then be uploaded to the official FB soundcloud account (not the FB Challenge account). You can include a funky picture with your submission if you like.

As there are no prizes for these competitions we will probably upload the riffs as and when they are sent to us.

Thats about it! Any questions let Tony or me know!

Listen Here: https://soundcloud.com/thefretboard

Old Is Gold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Send in your riffs you hobos
    Old Is Gold
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Riff submitted.
    :bz
  • Riff uploaded!
    Old Is Gold
  • davewwdaveww Frets: 165
    My riff also now sent  :O)
  • Cheers darling will upload it later
    Old Is Gold
    ok sweety  :-*
  • Just sent mine in. :)
  • thankies it has now been uploaded
    Old Is Gold
  • Cheers dude.
  • come on people enter the fun
    Old Is Gold
  • At least I'm guaranteed a top three finish! :D
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    I'll be joining in.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Are the new ones "09"??
    digitalscream's 08 was amazing!!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • horsehorse Frets: 1502
    Just sent my new one in - bit rawer than last month. Again, probably subconsciously  ripped off from somebody else - let me know if you spot what!
  • thomasross20;355539" said:
    Are the new ones "09"??

Yeah it corresponds to the number of the month.
    Old Is Gold
  • horse;355651" said:
    Just sent my new one in - bit rawer than last month. Again, probably subconsciously  ripped off from somebody else - let me know if you spot what!
    Cool thanks will upload in a bit
    Old Is Gold
  • More riffs please!
    Old Is Gold
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Just sent mine across. No idea what the time signature is so it shall be known instead as 69/42.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cheers is now uploaded!

Old Is Gold
  • Trying to do some acoustic thing but my fingers are letting me down.
    Old Is Gold
  • Are the new ones "09"??
    You flatter me, but thank you :)

I'll be getting another one in there over the weekend. Not sure whether to go with a rocky one or a more mellow clean thingy...
    <space for hire>
  • OK, incoming. Not sure about this one...works well as a song, I think, but I don't know if you guys'll like it as a riff...
    <space for hire>
  • cheers uploaded

Old Is Gold
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Just entered mine.

Perhaps I should have listened to everyone else's entries first, and saved myself the bother!!

Mrs TT liked it.  But her CD collection lives separately to mine.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Gotta say, I think Horse is going to take this one again. The b'stard.
    <space for hire>
  • Thats nice Tony good stuff.

I have arough idea down and will try and record it later.
    Old Is Gold
  • Entered but not very happy with it, i've given up trying to improve it now because it started to wind me up and gave me a headache.

My fingers are letting me down today as is my mic and my computer has actually started warning me that something is wrong with my hardisk and that its about to fail! Good times.........................................
    Old Is Gold
    Nice sounds a bit John Martyn 
  • svejksvejk Frets: 145
    Sent mine... no effects, so you can hear it a bit clearer. Probably should be cranked, but my 10 minutes' worth :)
  • Cheers will upload later
    Old Is Gold