Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A quick question about tab - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A quick question about tab

What's Hot
LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 307

I'm in the process of learning a Guns & Roses solo and I could do with someone knowledgeable to explain what theses curved lines in the tab are indicating please?

Ta very much

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    They are slurs, you don’t pick the second note, so you play it by pulling off or hammering on

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LordOxygenLordOxygen Frets: 307
    Thanks! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Ah, so the part on the right would be like 12h13p12, but instead of drawing two arcs they've done just one? 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    Yorkie said:
    Ah, so the part on the right would be like 12h13p12, but instead of drawing two arcs they've done just one? 

It's normal to slur all of the notes in a slurred part. If there's a break between the slurs then that's where it would be plucked again. They could put a separate slur between all the affected notes but that wouldn't give a good indication of what that part was trying to achieve.

Much better for it to say "right - for all the notes in the slur - slur them" rather than lots of little slurs just messing up the paper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Ah, I see, makes total sense. Thanks!
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    Good one Yorkie and good luck with it, Slash has a great slippery style  ,very satisfying to play even at slower speeds when you’re learning it . I ve got to get back to my regular practice 
  • PALPAL Frets: 465
    Best advice I can give you is don't use TAB because it's like painting by numbers develop your ears. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter