Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NEW - SUBSCRIPTIONS! Get image uploads and no ads! - Help & Feedback Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NEW - SUBSCRIPTIONS! Get image uploads and no ads!

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 4636
    edited September 2023
    I subscribed a while ago but I frequently get hit with ‘your photo is too large’ when trying to post an iPhone pic on the forum. Then I have to faff about turning it into a jpeg and smaller (which I do by emailing it to myself and then resaving it, is there a better way?) and then trying again. Any plans @digitalscream to increase the size of pics you can just drag and drop?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I subscribed a while ago but I frequently get hit with ‘your photo is too large’ when trying to post an iPhone pic on the forum. Then I have to faff about turning it into a jpeg and smaller (which I do by emailing it to myself and then resaving it, is there a better way?) and then trying again. Any plans @digitalscream to increase the size of pics you can just drag and drop?
    Not immediately - the price of the subscription is based mostly on the size of images and the cost of the storage over 10 years. It's a movable feast, so for example if I bump the limit up to 5MB, there'll just be someone else who wants it at 6MB etc.

The simplest option (which I use) is just to set the camera resolution to 1080p before taking photos for upload here.

Now, of course, the forum is supposed to convert the images before storing them...but it doesn't, because something's broken and I've been periodically trying to figure out exactly why that's happening. Being stupid, though, it doesn't actually give any error messages so I can't even work out where it's going wrong. It just silently stores the original somewhere along the line. As soon as I can fix that, I'll put an announcement in here.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I subscribed a while ago but I frequently get hit with ‘your photo is too large’ when trying to post an iPhone pic on the forum. Then I have to faff about turning it into a jpeg and smaller (which I do by emailing it to myself and then resaving it, is there a better way?) and then trying again. Any plans @digitalscream to increase the size of pics you can just drag and drop?
    There’s an option at bottom left of image selector on iPhone to resize the photo - I choose medium and it works well.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    IMG_8138.png 122.5K