Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Tone control in a box? - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Tone control in a box?

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
Does anyone make a simple 1 pot tone control in a box? Just like the tone control on a passive guitar / bass?

I need something like that to use on my basses that don't have a second output - so I can put the tone control after my splitter.

ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    edited September 2013
    I've got a passive tone pedal. Like a wah or volume pedal, but passive tone. Is that what you mean?

Treadle is the word I was groping for there! If you want it I'll sell it as I never use it. Bought on a whim!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I don't need a treadle, just the knob! Set and forget.
  • Cost you a lot less to make one than buy it? Little box, pot, cap, 2off jack plugs, short bits o'wire?
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    I don't need a treadle, just the knob! Set and forget.
    Fair enough, worth a punt :)

Alms for an ex-leper!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Cost you a lot less to make one than buy it? Little box, pot, cap, 2off jack plugs, short bits o'wire?

No doubt! But I'm a hamfisted incompetent with a soldering iron!
  • ROOGROOG Frets: 549
    Would a Graphic EQ pedal be too much control/cost?

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Does anyone make a simple 1 pot tone control in a box? Just like the tone control on a passive guitar / bass?

I need something like that to use on my basses that don't have a second output - so I can put the tone control after my splitter.

If the splitter box is passive it won't work as you expect - a tone control on *either* output will affect both. You need some way of buffering the 'bright' side from the 'dark' side.

I'd be happy to make you a box if it will do what you want - I've got a volume box lying around I could easily convert.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• ICBM said:

If the splitter box is passive it won't work as you expect - a tone control on *either* output will affect both. You need some way of buffering the 'bright' side from the 'dark' side.

I'd be happy to make you a box if it will do what you want - I've got a volume box lying around I could easily convert.
    2nd output on the splitter is isolated!

How much do you want for the tone box?
    A tenner plus postage?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yes please!
    PM me your address and email and I'll dig it out.

• PM'd!
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    ICBM said:
    you grow them ?
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Get a DOD FX10 if you can find one, superb little box. Volume and tone, simple!
    You can never have to much...........
  • I used to have. Stupidly I sold it for about £20 just before they stopped making them
    bertie said:
    ICBM said:
    you grow them ?
    No, I bury them so I will still have a supply in the event of the zombie apocalypse. You never know when you'll need a tone box when confronted by zombies.