Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Death by backing track - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Death by backing track

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    We use backing tracks but sitll have most stuff live...if anyone can explain to me how to amke the noises at  2:40ish then id happily play it live :)

https://prionson.bandcamp.com/track/half-human-howard
    A Roland SPD is great for triggering stuff like that … we use one to trigger sound effects like gun cocking and weird ambient stuff .. although it’s not something anyone is actually playing live  the fact that Drummer can hit it as and when he wants means you’re not locked in to a rigid format of the song. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    We use backing tracks but sitll have most stuff live...if anyone can explain to me how to amke the noises at  2:40ish then id happily play it live :)

https://prionson.bandcamp.com/track/half-human-howard
    Pay Half Human Howard properly so he turns up for the gig? :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 118
    We are a 3 piece, bass/vox, gtr/vox & drum/vox.

80% of our set is live, however we have maybe 6 songs that are click track guided with synth/strings/piano where applicable... think Journey, final Countdown, jump.

We also employ some samples triggered during songs akin to Rush..

Is it a crime? 
    We are exactly the same setup and use backing tracks for Brass, Keys and sample triggers. We spend hours pre recording them and mixing them and work really hard on them.

If its ok for the bands we love like, Prodigy, Enter Shikari, Biffy Clyro to use them then why cant we?

We personally feel that putting on a good show and having fun, enjoying what were doing is more important that the purist ego.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1591
    Rkphilpot said:
    We are a 3 piece, bass/vox, gtr/vox & drum/vox.

80% of our set is live, however we have maybe 6 songs that are click track guided with synth/strings/piano where applicable... think Journey, final Countdown, jump.

We also employ some samples triggered during songs akin to Rush..

Is it a crime? 
    We are exactly the same setup and use backing tracks for Brass, Keys and sample triggers. We spend hours pre recording them and mixing them and work really hard on them.

If its ok for the bands we love like, Prodigy, Enter Shikari, Biffy Clyro to use them then why cant we?

We personally feel that putting on a good show and having fun, enjoying what were doing is more important that the purist ego.

my thoughts exactly...

I am yet to have a punter criticise the lack of keyboard player.. they are more in awe at how the tech is used...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter