Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NPGEBD - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NPGEBD

What's Hot
munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
edited March 2022 in Bass
New Gretsch Electromatic Pink Bass Day!

Miss Munckee and I have been mooting getting a bass for a while, I sometimes play bass at jams and Miss Munckee keen to play as they often don't have a bass player at school band rehearsals.

So we stopped in at PMT Portsmouth today "just to check them out" Miss Munckee fell in love with this but I said I couldn't just buy her it as its not her birthday or anything and Missus Munckee would tell us off.

We have cobbled together a story where I own the bass but it will live in Miss Munckee's room and will go to uni with her when she goes next year, but it's still definitely mine if anyone asks!

https://i.imgur.com/Kt6omgm.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/wiXD6Dq.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/vM8IVKw.jpg ;

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    That is a really pleasing shape.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Sporky said:
    That is a really pleasing shape.
    We tried a mustang bass, a jaguar bass, a hofner violin bass and a tokai les paul bass.  For my mind this was decent quality and light and shortscale - for miss munckee she just didn't care, this one looked like she wanted a bass to look and matches her pink hair!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    edited March 2022
    Needs a Hello Kitty sticker or a bespoke pickguard.

On a less fun note, the bass may go better with a Gotoh 201B bridge and control electronics upgrades.
    Be seeing you.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I'd rather have a P bass, but that is awesome nonetheless
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I like that a great deal.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    Needs a Hello Kitty sticker or a bespoke pickguard.

On a less fun note, the bass may go better with a Gotoh 201B bridge and control electronics upgrades.
    The chances of it being stock for long are not high, I’m generally a tinkerer. 
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5721
    That's a pretty bass.
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 214
    oooo I love it and I'm not a fan of pink (neither is MrsSpev11, only pink being worn by our nieces is allowed in the house)
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    I'm not that into pink either but it is a pleasing shape. 
  • TheOtherDennisTheOtherDennis Frets: 2010
    edited March 2022
    munckee said:

...We have cobbled together a story where I own the bass but it will live in Miss Munckee's room and will go to uni with her when she goes next year...

And your OH believed you? I'm impressed.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    I'm not that into pink either but it is a pleasing shape. 
    Ooh-er, missus! 
    Be seeing you.
  • Very nice, I’d happily gig that, with a matching outfit  =)
    Riddim up