Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Palm Bay Cyclone Custom - LH Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Palm Bay Cyclone Custom

josh3184josh3184 Frets: 5
edited February 2022 in LH Guitars £
This is a left handed guitar by Palm Bay. It is a "Cyclone" model and was modified by the French London-based luthier Philippe Dubreuille in around 2006. The modifications are:

- The headstock logo has been removed, you can find the original serial number inside the bridge pickup routing cavity.
- The ebony fretboard has been extended from 22 to 24 Jumbo frets.
- The maple neck d-shaped has been glued on to a mahogany body with a quilted maple top.
- The original Gotoh floyd rose has been upgraded with a customised silver Floyd Rose® FRT-O5000 base plate with black Schaller saddles, block inserts and tightening screws. Unfortunately I've managed to lose the tremolo arm but these are easily available online. The Floyd has had a full setup.
- It has a Dimarzio f-spaced Deactivator in the bridge and a vintage Seymour Duncan hot rail pickup in the neck.

Controls are 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 three way switch and a kill switch. Fitted with black Schaller strap locks and a black Ernie Ball strap. Comes with the original Palm Bay hardcase. Some signs of use given its age but it sounds absolutely fantastic. The bridge pickup is a particular favourite of mine!

More images here: https://imgur.com/a/xE41i6u

Asking price is £350. I am open to postage but would prefer collection if possible.

Please let me know any questions, happy to help
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter