Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sorted - Helix Native crashing Reaper - Studio & Recording Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sorted - Helix Native crashing Reaper

What's Hot
meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10333
edited February 2022 in Studio & Recording
As per the title, every time I try to use the helix Native plugin reaper ends up closing. Had anyone else had this issue?

No other plugin has this problem on my machine.

Running Windows 10 with all the latest drivers etc
The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    What versions of Reaper and Helix Native are you running?

(I'm still on Reaper 5.99 and am using the latest release of Native that I downloaded last week and it's all ok on my Wndows 10 pc)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3390
    I had this while using Cantabile - I believe I had to completely uninstall Native and re-install it. Make sure you back everything up first.
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
  • PC_Dave said:
    I had this while using Cantabile - I believe I had to completely uninstall Native and re-install it. Make sure you back everything up first.

Cheers fella. This done the trick. As it was all fresh I assumed it would just work. Silly me
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3252
    edited July 2023
    Bringing this to the top as I've bought Helix Native and it crashes my Reaper when I try to load it.

Nevermind. Reaper was trying to load an old plugin which wasn't working anymore.