Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). HX Stomp direct into a digital mixer - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

HX Stomp direct into a digital mixer

mr335ishmr335ish Frets: 18
Like almost every other guitarist on the planet I would always prefer a great guitar, a few choice pedals into a good valve amp (I said almost....).
My regular Sunday morning gig is in a (community centre) church, Soundcraft Ui24 digital mixer, Bose L1 PA.
We made a decision to do away with individual amps and all go direct into the PA to gve the sound person a chance to get a balance.
Vocals fine, acoustic guitar via DI box is fine, my bass via a Spectradrive is fine.
Constraints:
The sound people are all 'willing volunteers' and the main aim is to get a reasonable volume balance, the complexities of EQ remain a mystery to most.
All the kit is stowed away from one week to the next while the community centre is used for badiminton/kung fu etc....
Rush around, set up, quick rehearsal, go.
The oppurtunity for experimenting is extremely limited.
The Soundcraft has Digitech amps and cabs simulation in the first two channels.
At the moment, an electric guitar sound via my HX is fairly rubbish so, should I set the input EQ on the mixer completely 'flat' and try to get a decent sound out of the Stomp via the amp/cab options?
Trying to get a generally warm, clean sound with a bit of chorus - surprisingly, the death metal/grunge sound doesn't generally seem appropriate.....

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    I use a Pod Go split into a Ui24 for monitoring via IEM's and FOH feed for whatever the venue PA is. I have the Ui24 set completely flat and I get the sound from the Pod Go, which is the same amp models as the Stomp. I roll a lot of high end off and use a bit of compression and chorus for clean and it seems to work OK and translate out front to the PA just fine. 

I wouldn't bother with the amp and cab sims on the Ui24, just leave everything flat, the Bose system has high pass filtering so I wouldn't even bother setting that on the Ui . 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Danny1969 said:
    I use a Pod Go split into a Ui24 for monitoring via IEM's and FOH feed for whatever the venue PA is. I have the Ui24 set completely flat and I get the sound from the Pod Go, which is the same amp models as the Stomp. I roll a lot of high end off and use a bit of compression and chorus for clean and it seems to work OK and translate out front to the PA just fine. 

I wouldn't bother with the amp and cab sims on the Ui24, just leave everything flat, the Bose system has high pass filtering so I wouldn't even bother setting that on the Ui . 
    That's very helpful, thanks.
    I will give it a go next Sunday.
    What amp/cab combination works for you?