Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). NBD - Thomann Harley Benton JB-75 SB - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

NBD - Thomann Harley Benton JB-75 SB

AsterixTGAsterixTG Frets: 231

New Bass Day - my first ever!

A Bass Guitar - Thomann Harley Benton JB-75 SB for the outrageous sum of £139!

And it's fab! Really well made, plays well and seems to sound alright after a quick whizz through the Helix.

Purely acquired for recording demos, got fucked off with trying to program it in the DAW, way easier just to lay down the track.

The wood grain is always hit and miss for these sorts of things, you get what you get, but this is nice - back is good too.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    That looks stunning for £139!

I've got a 20 item wish-list of guitars from HB, but id be divorced!

Happy NBD!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I’ve got the rosewood board version, it’s a great sounding bass for the money. Mine is 70s ‘boat anchor’ heavy though, how’s yours on the shoulder? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • That looks stunning for £139!

I've got a 20 item wish-list of guitars from HB, but id be divorced!

Happy NBD!
    Thanks - I'm hard pressed to find anything wrong with the fit and finish - seems crazy value for money and I'm pleased I followed the reviews.

I’ve got the rosewood board version, it’s a great sounding bass for the money. Mine is 70s ‘boat anchor’ heavy though, how’s yours on the shoulder? 
    It's not the lightest thing in the world but I haven't really spent much time with it standing yet.