Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). I think Id like a Precision - but which one ? - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

I think Id like a Precision - but which one ?

What's Hot
spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
I fancy one of these...but there's a few options, Mexican, Jap, USA, Player, probably others.. .anything from £400 - £2500.

Whats the opinions ? 

Mac Mini M1
Presonus Studio One V5
 https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
 https://twitter.com/spark240
 Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
Reddit r/newmusicreview 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    One was listed in the tFB Classifieds this very morning. (No affiliation.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    I've had several and the one I bonded with is a an American Special from 2013
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    The individual bass is more important than the model. I know that sounds like being awkward, but it's really true.

A friend of mine is selling the very best-sounding modern P-Bass I've played - it's a plain Mexican Standard model, black, maple fingerboard. On paper it's nothing special compared to any other of the same model, but it just sounds immense. You could easily spend the £2500 and not get a better-sounding one... I would buy it myself except that the neck is a bit too fat for me at the top end and makes my hand hurt after I've played it a while. But if you don't mind fat necks it's great.

Not sure if he'll ship it though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter