Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender 75th Anniversary P Bass ? - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender 75th Anniversary P Bass ?

What's Hot
icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• diapdiap Frets: 135
    Not seeing why it's worth £300+ more than a Player unless you really, really like the colour.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    To all intents, a regular MIM P Bass with a limited edition paint job.

I note that the pickup is described as vintage-style rather than, say, the American-made Pure Vintage, Original, Yosemite or Custom Shop versions.

Only you can decide whether the finish is worth a premium over boring, old sunburst, black or the aged white inspired buttercream. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • icu81b4icu81b4 Frets: 291
    icu81b4 said:
    This looks nice …
    … and so it should, for over £4.5k.  :)
    Be seeing you.
    Is that a common thing, to stick a jazz neck on a precision body? (You might guess that I’m not a bass player, but am learning) 
    Some official Fender models adopt exactly that formula. Narrow J string spacing on a P Bass body.
    Be seeing you.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I was going to say that they're a bit early for the 75th anniversary, since the P Bass wasn't made until 1951... but no, it's just a pointless 'special edition' which has nothing to do with any significant date for the instrument being used to mark the anniversary of the company.

... in which case they're a bit late, since Leo Fender started it in 1946.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

So I’ve gone and bought a Fender Pro II P bass from the basschat forum.  Arrives tomorrow.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • diapdiap Frets: 135
    edited February 2022
    icu81b4 said:
    So I’ve gone and bought a Fender Pro II P bass from the basschat forum.  Arrives tomorrow.  
    Nice one!
    What colour and fretboard?

Edit to add: Seen it now. Miami blue and Maple. Wouldn't have been my first choice but looks stunning. I'm sure you will enjoy!
    This one…

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/460677-sold-2021-fender-american-pro-ii-p-bass-in-miami-blue/

Looks in mint condition, so looking forward to it. 
    1diap said:
    icu81b4 said:
    Nice one!
    What colour and fretboard?

Edit to add: Seen it now. Miami blue and Maple. Wouldn't have been my first choice but looks stunning. I'm sure you will enjoy!
    Probably not mine either, but it’s difficult to tell the colour of a guitar from a loudspeaker. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    icu81b4 said:
    This one…

https://www.basschat.co.uk/topic/460677-sold-2021-fender-american-pro-ii-p-bass-in-miami-blue/

That's a lovely colour.

Right up my street.

Black plate looks better than the white.
    Black plate looks better than the white.
    Next to that blue, Fender Parchment smacks of fake ageing, plus, it is not bold enough.

My preferences would be bright white, anodised gold or red corned beef.

Maybe, even, some graphics in the style of Clapton's "Crash" Stratocasters.
    Be seeing you.
  • icu81b4 said:
    This one…

Oooft. I love that. I've got a Tidepool Precision but I'd swap it for that finish in a heartbeat. Great score.