Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Vintera vs older Classic series - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Vintera vs older Classic series

What's Hot
thegummythegummy Frets: 4382
One of the reasons I bought my Classic 50s Precision was because it was so universally praised online and either I was lucky or the hype is justified cause it's superb and I find it hard to imagine how more expensive basses could be that much better.

My question is - does the Vintera range that has since replaced it have the same reputation for being so high quality?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    edited February 2022
    As far as I know it's just rebrand and they are fundamentally the same except for the stupid name.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4680
    I played a Vintera Jazz Bass in Guitar Guitar last weekend and it was pretty good.
    Not cheap, though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    thegummy said:
    does the Vintera range … have the same reputation for being so high quality?
    Mostly the same components, assembled in the same factory, by the same personnel. Chances are that the build quality is close to identical.

The question we should be asking ourselves is, what is the difference between the two series? Probably finish colour options and, possibly, the quality of the pickup.
    Be seeing you.
  • I think the pickups are “better” in the Vinteras, redesigned by Tim Shaw. I’ve owned a few Classic Series, Classic Player and Vintera guitars and they’ve all be very well made and played nicely.
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    edited February 2022
    I have been told, although I haven’t verified it, that the Vintera and American Original series P basses have gone back to the 60’s vintage wider nut, 44mm. This may or may not be an issue for you, but a quick measure of the nut on your existing bass would tell you if the neck will feel different.

Edit. I think it was @Funkfingers above who told me this.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    All the Vinteras I’ve played/bought have been fabulous. The wide range pickup in the 70’s Tele Custom is superb. 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    Ossyrocks said:.
    Edit. I think it was Funkfingers above who told me this.
    I think that factual authority lies in the message rather than the messenger. 

After all, you wouldn't leap off Beachy Head on my say so, would you?
    Be seeing you.