Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Recommend Classical Skype teacher? - Technique Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Recommend Classical Skype teacher?

What's Hot
OctavioOctavio Frets: 114
edited March 2023 in Technique
I'm looking to start classical guitar Skype/Zoom lessons. I travel quite a bit with work so online lessons work best and also want to start on grades.

Thanks in advance.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• OctavioOctavio Frets: 114
    Bump for this one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonnyBgoodeJonnyBgoode Frets: 100
    edited February 2022

Octavio said:
    I'm looking to start classical guitar Skype/Zoom lessons. I travel quite a bit with work so online lessons work best and also want to start on grades.

TBH you're asking on the wrong forum. I see very little CG traffic here, you'd be better off asking on one of the dedicated CG forums, like Delcamp, where there will be dozens of online CG teachers and students who can make recommendations, in the UK and elsewhere, including some big names. When I studied CG it was always face to face, so I cant recommend anyone.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Declan Zapala? Bridget Mermikides?
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6304
    viz said:
    Declan Zapala? Bridget Mermikides?
    These sound like characters from Nathan Barley.
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PALPAL Frets: 465
    Try Truefire Videos.
  • Octavio said:

I unsuccessfully tried two Skype gumtree teachers but both were a bit flakey. I can't handle no shows again.

Thanks in advance.
    Strange for a teacher to be the no-show and not the student!!

I don't teach classical but I do the LCM (London College of Music) and Rockschool grades. Can teach online but if you want a proper classical (Trinity graded exam board I'm thinking) I don't do that unfortunately.