Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). midi Keyboard/Ipad for gigs? - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

midi Keyboard/Ipad for gigs?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    I think it's this kind of nonsense that would make me want to use a dedicated synth.

I was using mine with my laptop and it decided not to work a couple of times and then suddenly worked. Fine for home but would stress me out for a gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2275
    thomasw88 said:
    new camera usb 3 kit arrived.

Not working, same message.

I give up.

Sometimes the new apple hardware needs to do some update.  My power adaptor did not work first time. Then there was some firmware synch and it did.

Got Synth One?. pretty good for free.
    yeah it did the update.  Still no worky.

can't be arsed with it tbh. 
      my ancient shite M-audio keystudio 49es works fine with the ipad and for a quick rehearsal/jam its probably good enough.
    I tried it with m-audio 88 keystation and it works fine with that as well.

the ipad also works brilliantly with the Yamaha YC73 keyboard and so that could be a goer as well for some extra synth sounds.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited February 2022
    Update ...  Sent the komplete kontrol back.. bought a keystation mk3 which does work with iPad..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Further update.. 
    Keystation is decent and iPad is ok working with it but I don't think it's robust enough as a gigging solution.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thomasw88 said:
    Further update.. 
    Keystation is decent and iPad is ok working with it but I don't think it's robust enough as a gigging solution.

It ain’t.   I gave up.

If someone made a decent weight 77 or 88 key keyboard with integrated tablet holder (or adaptor) for the all the power shenanigans and Apple made Mainstage and iOS app…. it could work.