Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Drew and a Live stream!… - Live Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Drew and a Live stream!…

What's Hot
poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
Just a heads up.
TNBD streamed a gig… you can see it here:

Check it out… TNBD come on about 2 hours in if you want to jump straight to them…
3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• This was great as the soundtrack to part of my day. Far from what I would consider "my thing" but really enjoyed it. TNBD was the highlight but the other two bands were decent too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jacobjacob Frets: 42
    Okay, I just jumped in a bit.... sounded boring. A bit too much like Tool, and not heavy enough. I like thrash riffs and proper aggressive speed metal stuff, so maybe this isn't for me. I don't understand why so many bands think they can kick on a few delay pedals and a reverb, play one or two notes, and end up being wildly successful. Blows my mind a bit tbh!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jacobjacob Frets: 42
    Actually, maybe I'm being a bit unfair. That last song has some super stonking riffs in it.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    jacob said:
    Actually, maybe I'm being a bit unfair. That last song has some super stonking riffs in it.
    Big yourself up "jacob" ;) lol
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    In case anyone missed it: Jacob was banned for being Drew.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    5reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    edited February 2022
    How long before Drew creates another account to come on here and troll Jacob ?  Reminds me of that film ‘Split’
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I did wonder if drew hacked poopots account to post about his event when I saw the original post a few days ago.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkb said:
    I did wonder if drew hacked poopots account to post about his event when I saw the original post a few days ago.
    I think there's some simbiosis here: I'm sure poopots has got more angsty since Drew left ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Roland said:

So he joined up to slag off his own band?

Mind blown...
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    mrkb said:
    I think there's some simbiosis here: I'm sure poopots has got more angsty since Drew left ;)
    Nah poopots cool!…

sometimes he’s a cunt tho’ but only when awake!
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    Imagine if there were like half a dozen regulars who were just Drew. Maybe if there were that many of him he might pull his shit together and kill his bassist, who by the looks of that video is already living on borrowed time...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited February 2022
    Cirrus said:
    Imagine if there were like half a dozen regulars who were just Drew. Maybe if there were that many of him he might pull his shit together and kill his bassist, who by the looks of that video is already living on borrowed time...
    Ooooo…

who do we fancy for that?

Im gonna go with:
    @emp_fab
    @roland
    @rocker

as my top three…
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    poopot said:
    mrkb said:
    Nah poopots cool!…

sometimes he’s a cunt tho’ but only when awake!

Hence the expression "let sleeping cunts lie"?
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Roland said:

Mind blown...
    I imagine that was his little joke bless him
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145

classic Drew behaviour..........................................and why many left........................ trouble is some sad f*cks returned................... or did they........................

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertie said:

classic Drew behaviour..........................................and why many left........................ trouble is some sad f*cks returned................... or did they........................

I did leave (not because of Drew) and came back, and indeed I take the piss out of myself quite frequently, perhaps I'm also drew?
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited February 2022
    monquixote said:
    Roland said:

Mind blown...
    I know.
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    He was probably just being "edgy".
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    I'm Drew and so's my wife.

Let's face it, we're all Drew now and again. Apart from poopot. He's Emp's sock.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 4987
    With more relevance to the OP, rather than ragging on personalities past, it was actually a pretty good gig. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224

Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • CoffeeAndTVCoffeeAndTV Frets: 378
    edited February 2022
    Maybe we need a question 11 on the introduce yourself thread.  

11. Are you drew?
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Maybe we’ll need a question 11 on the introduce yourself thread.  

11. Are you drew?
    Well, 14 of the new applicants we had today were him…..
    2reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Maybe we’ll need a question 11 on the introduce yourself thread.  

11. Are you drew?
    Wow! 
    Snags said:

He's Emp's sock.
    Why do I imagine that to be off white terry towling with a hole for the toe and a slight stiffness to it?
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    Maybe we’ll need a question 11 on the introduce yourself thread.  

11. Are you drew?
    Which was amazing when you consider that only 11 people applied….. B)
  • ewalewal Frets: 2359
    edited February 2022
    Found the mix quite odd - maybe recorded through the desk and bass was loud on stage? Just all very anemic for a band making big loud noises.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 944
    jacob said:  I don't understand why so many bands think they can kick on a few delay pedals and a reverb, play one or two notes, and end up being wildly successful. Blows my mind a bit tbh!
    I am hurt. That's literally my entire approach. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • been absent for a while myself, and clearly missed the latest in the Drew saga... I thought he was a reformed character and bridges were mended..  some things never change it would seem.
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
     I thought he was a reformed character and bridges were mended..  
    Bridge Disaster, remember?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter