Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). FS: Gibson Murphy Lab '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

FS: Gibson Murphy Lab '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty

What's Hot
tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
edited September 2023 in Guitars £
The purge continues...

Murphy Lab Ultra-light Aged '57 Black Beauty.

You know the specs, full 'hog body, ebony board, wafflebacks, unpotted custombuckers, new lacquer that's more like the old and most importantly a black beauty that's not a boat anchor at 8.8lbs

Owned from new, as new condition (albeit with the ultra-light ageing)

Based in North Yorkshire, I'd rather not ship given the value but where there's a will there's a way. 

£5000 GBP

0reaction image LOL 24reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Now that's nice! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmgpmg Frets: 297
    Serious lust on my behalf
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Oh god, that's a stunner! What's coming in?! DM me!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TINMAN82TINMAN82 Frets: 1844
    That’s insanely cool… and dare I say it a good price. If we weren’t about to move house…,
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    Ho yus. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spirit7spirit7 Frets: 315
    Incredible guitar and price. 
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 511
    I’m so glad this hasn’t got P90s as I’d be about to become a very poor man. Under 9lbs too, perfect!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    Thanks chaps don’t talk me out of it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • What is the neck profile like? Is the chunkiness closer to a R8? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    yes slightly more shoulder than a R9 but not far off
    Damn, I really want that guitar! Need and afford are different things entirely!
    Bumparooooooo!
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    That is probably the nicest Murphy Lab guitar I've seen.  It actually looks used and not reliced.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    Bumpday
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 177
    Wow! 
  • koss59koss59 Frets: 779
    Played this the other day and it’s definitely one of the best Les Pauls I’ve played and I’ve played ( and owned ) many!
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
    I’m quite amazed this is still for sale. Meanwhile Gibson continue to hike their new prices…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Lots of nice words and offers, but I'm afraid it's cash I'm after on this one. Now on the dreaded ebay.
  • tomajoha said:
    Lots of nice words and offers, but I'm afraid it's cash I'm after on this one. Now on the dreaded ebay.
    i bet it sells quickly there. glws
  • You should maybe list it on reverb. Fees are much lower. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    You should maybe list it on reverb. Fees are much lower. 
    Thanks its on both, the ebay listing has a low fee offer on
    They Call It Stormy Friday Bump
    Pull up to the bumper
    Last bump of February, some lovely offers but sale only on this one.
    Withdrawn, staying put 
    Back up for sale  bump
    Rationalising the collection down to a few pieces so unfortunately the custom is up for sale so I can keep an 'old smelly guitar.

Few more to follow albeit not as pricey as this one.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Umm. What's the price? Can't see it in this thread, though I am a bit blind.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    whoops adding it
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Stunning guitar. Looks amazing. GLWTS.

And try Alt+0163 to get the £ sign  :) 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis