Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Speakers for Korg SV2 - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Speakers for Korg SV2

Just picked up a rather excellent SV2, currently just using headphones, but wanted to grab a half decent set of monitors / speakers. I do have a lovely set of Genelec monitors in my studio set up, but I don't really fancy karting them back and forth, so an extra set would be great. 

Any recommendations???
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7202
    I've used a Roland cm30, which is good general purpose tool. You might actually just be happy with a set of open back headphones like the dt880 if you've only used sweaty closed backs to date. 

Other than that there are the ilouds which are popular...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • paulmapp8306paulmapp8306 Frets: 782
    edited January 2022
    As always - depends on budget.....

Having said that - the HS80Ms in the classifieds at £300 would be a good shout.  Im not a massive fan of the Yams personally, but Im using Neumans, and had Adams before that (and used Focals too in the past).  The yams arnt quite that.  BUT for playback, they will have enough low end not no need a sub and are decent enough for the money,
  • Vintage-TVintage-T Frets: 402
    I managed to rig my Bose surround speakers up through the headphone jacks to work, for home playing it works a treat
  • BranshenBranshen Frets: 1221
    ilouds would be great. convenient size too. 
  • Second iLouds, have a pair and am really happy with them. They seem to go for a song second hand too.