Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). fano Alt De Facto SP6 - Guitars £ Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

fano Alt De Facto SP6

What's Hot
merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
edited July 2023 in Guitars £
OK, I know. No, really.... I know. But hey, it's Xmas and there it is. 

This came to me recently from the trusted vaults of our very own and disgracefully charming @DB1.
Apparently the good Sir bought it new from Coda in Stevenage last March so it's less than a year old. 

And I acquired it last Summer at the beginning of August. Since then I have pretty much only played one guitar, and as much as I love the fano experience, the fano sound, feel, look and playability......this hasn't been it. 

The lightly distressed finish and lacquer checking is beautiful and the late 50s neck is a beautifully comfortable handful. All in all this instrument sounds, feels and plays lived in and comfortable in every way. This is a very responsive and lively guitar. 

So this is for sale. And for only £2200 £2100. We can discuss how it gets to you.... I'd be happier with collection, but let's chat. I make great coffee. And much of the time I'm smiley.... all over. 

Here are some pics, taken by our own cheeky @DB1. He can take a better picture than me and has a smarter and cleaner living room than me. Please let me know if you'd like me to take my own. This guitar can be both a growler and a smooth singer. The Lollar P90 is perfect in the neck position and the T-style bridge pickup can snarl along with the rest of them. And they are so well balanced.

I might, just might, swap for a solid body and proper Gretsch G6*** duo jet/penguin with T-Armonds or Dynas. And with a Bigsby.... or similar. Try me. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2781
    Wow that looks lovely. I was just looking at a cheap version called the Cort Sunset which is clearly based on this model. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    A cool looking guitar for sure
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    2022 bump. Lovely instrument. Right proper and all. 
    Fortnightly bump for a guitar that looks (and sounds) like a Telecaster and a LP Special had a serious shag and made a baby. 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 4926
    Blimey, I'd assumed that this had been sold. It really is a lovely thing.
    Call me Dave.
    DB1 said:
    Blimey, I'd assumed that this had been sold. It really is a lovely thing.
    It really is and some nutter needs it.... so come on you nutters, buy it. 
    C'mon, what's wrong with you? Buy the fuck out of this amazing piece of purchasable loveliness! 
    Bump for the best guitar in this thread!
    edited May 2022
    little price drop to £2000.
    Now £2000. Pounds. C'mon geddit.
  • RocknRollDaveRocknRollDave Frets: 6075
    My mate has one of these. Very nice guitar.
    The young lad in the shop left him with a cheapo Line 6 to try it through and very nearly cost his shop a sale…

If I could afford it myself, I’d have it away!

And a fano bump for a fanotastic guitar. (Dad joke). 
    3 week bump. 
    Bump again. This guitar is also on consignment sale elsewhere....so will need retrieving if anyone wants it. 
    Back in the house bump! Still here and lovely. 
    Still can be yours... bump
    Another bump for this thing of extreme loveliness. 
    Hello, look at this! 
    Monthly bump! 
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 606
    A most lovely thing indeed!
    despite being one of the best items ever, in the entire Universe, this is still here....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    and bump for the guitar that really oughtn't need bumping. 
    Still here. Still the illegitimate love child of a Telecaster and. Les Paul Special. Still sick and still brilliant. 
    Slap, wind, crunch and bump. You all need this.