Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Sleezy PI Jazz - Theory Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Sleezy PI Jazz

What's Hot
Is there a name for the type of sleezy jazz you hear I'm typical PI type shows? And what scales do they use?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• vizviz Frets: 10211
    That’s normally smooth jazz. And they use major, lydian, altered and octatonics.  
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sleazy PI jazz is "New York Jazz Blues/Nocturnes" isn't it?

The best example I can think of is Blade Runner Blues by Evangelos Papathanassíou ;^) 

Stuff that might fit in that PI milieu might also be  

In a Sentimental Mood by John Coltrane
    Round Midnight - Thelonious Monk (or the later Miles/Coltrane) 
    Scenes from the city by Charlie Mingus

If you need a "palette cleanser" after all that noir - I'd recommend Bang Bang by Dizzy Gillespie 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1397
    Sleazy PI jazz is "New York Jazz Blues/Nocturnes" isn't it?

The best example I can think of is Blade Runner Blues by Evangelos Papathanassíou ;^) 

Stuff that might fit in that PI milieu might also be  

In a Sentimental Mood by John Coltrane
    Round Midnight - Thelonious Monk (or the later Miles/Coltrane) 
    Scenes from the city by Charlie Mingus

If you need a "palette cleanser" after all that noir - I'd recommend Bang Bang by Dizzy Gillespie 

All those years and I didnt realise Vangelis actual christian name was Evangelos.