Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fascinating build video of a Lignum bass - Bass Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fascinating build video of a Lignum bass

equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
A complete video of how they build their Summer Night Bass using a mixture of old school and modern CNC techniques.
It's really quite hypnotic watching how the whole build come together.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 13312
    The factory's robots remind me of the skutters from Red Dwarf.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Absolutely stunning.

Wonder what they sell for ?
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Absolutely stunning.

Wonder what they sell for ?
    1900 euros , which is impressive value for such an instrument.
    https://www.lignum-art.com/product-page/summer-night-bass-guitar-laminated-ash-body
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Noticed they have a nice fretless 5 for 1700 euros on their site - if it's as good as it looks then it's a bargain
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 2884
    Excellent, but it really makes me appreciate the skills on @Andyjr1515 etc on here who create equally stunning instruments with much more limited tooling
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Lignum as in Lignum vitae (what they make cricket bails out of)?
  • That is outstanding!  Yes - great equipment...but it's the skill and imagination to use it all like that.  Knockout!!   :)
  • I'm in awe... amazing..
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    If I ever get to do Easter in Zagreb with my mate's family again, I'm gonna go and visit their shop and slap a few of their basses around. Look well mint.