Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Weird Instruments - Other Instruments Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Weird Instruments

Thought it might be interesting to start a thread on weird instruments.

What do you make of this? Its called a resonant chamber.

"Resonant Chamber" - Animusic.com - YouTube
'Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend' - Lennon & McCartney (We can work it out).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9089
    It’s also called CGI…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Why do the saddles on the 9 string lute thingy move ?
    and the 9 string lute fingers can’t strum “downwards”
    And the action is too high
    on that basis I’m out
  • Hmmm?

Max Kohl actually built this in 1905 (although I'm not sure he saw it as a 'musical instrument')...

• VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    about the weirdest that I've seen in the flesh is the nyckelharpa: Nyckelharpa - Wikipedia

It always looks to me like an someone gave a brief to an engineer to design an instrument that sounded a bit like a fiddle, but had none of the issues around intonation. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1239
    edited December 2021
    That original animation kind of reminded me of Pat Metheney's Orchestrion project and some of the instrument 'bots' they created for it..

• blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    Evelyn Glennie improvisation on the Aluphone Chromatic Bell Tree

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • CoolCatCoolCat Frets: 158
    poopot said:
    It’s also called CGI…
    I know, but its still weird  ;)
    'Life is very short, and there's no time for fussing and fighting my friend' - Lennon & McCartney (We can work it out).